Power steering problem

terrorflex

I just started having a problem with my power steering every time i turn 2 the right the steering will skip and make clunking sound and it will throw the steering wheel off. It turns fine to the left, my tie rod ends and ball joint are good. Helppppp

2kdb7

Did you tighten the adjustment screw all the way?

2kdb7

You talking about the pump or something else
There is a screw that has a wing nut for a head its at the top. Turn it till you think you're going to break something then another half turn you should be good then

Theasian

Inspect the right axle for binding. I having seen any racks go out this way. Mainly leaks. Also ensure your belt isn't too tight. Figure 1/4-3/8 in of deflection on the p.s belt.

2kdb7

Inspect the right axle for binding. I having seen any racks go out this way. Mainly leaks. Also ensure your belt isn't too tight. Figure 1/4-3/8 in of deflection on the p.s belt.
x2

Raise the front end and turn your key to unlock the steering wheel. Then rotate each tire while turning them by hand try to replicate what causes it while driving. Also double and triple check everything.

Theasian

You'll feel it when you try and turn that knuckle side to side a lot of resistance. Spin the wheel a bit like a 1/4 turn and check again moving side to side.

Or if you prefer pull the knuckle off the axle and just try and move the out hub of the axle. Any resistance to movement is good. It should have full free range of wobblyness

terrorflex

So i brought it 2 a tech today and he said it was the rack and pinion. the gears are messed up on the inside.