Vacuum hose sources

gamerchad

I've looked around and everyone seems to have different opinions on where to pull lines from, my biggest issue is when I tee the bov, intake, and valve cover is that the valve cover will make a sucking sound when the car is turned off. It didn't do this when it had stock intake on the tee in place of bov. Also, I had the boost gauge (line from cabin) teed to the other tee in place of the intake which was capped, and to the back on intake where the pic shows. Please help. I just want reliable vacuum sources.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You do not connect the valve cover to the intake manifold in a forced induction application. That is a big no no. What you are doing is pressurizing the crank case when you're in boost. This puts pressure on the bottom of the piston rings destroying their seal leading to oil consumption and low power.

1.) Your valve cover and breather box (same thing - crank case) should route to a catch can OR just vent them to the atmosphere. Do not connect either of them to the intake system any more.

2.) Use the center nipple on the intake manifold for your blow off valve source.

3.) T off the FPR source for the boost gauge.

4.) Wastegate (bottom port) gets its source from the turbo compressor.

gamerchad

1) I read it's unhealthy to have the valve cover vent to atmosphere, but if I get a catch can, should I route the valve cover barb and the block freeze plugs to the can and be done with it?
3) The rear nipple on the IM, should I just tee that to the bov/center nipple of the IM?

jbrown97ls

Get the BR fittings block plugs, get valve cover barbs (at least -10AN) and vent a a catch can. Done.

gamerchad

If the block is vented, is it necessary to do valve cover? Idk, I read somewhere if blowby is getting to the cover it's already further than it should be. Plus it'd keep the ugly fittings out but that's besides the point.

jbrown97ls

I only have 2 block fitting at the moment, but I plan on venting not the VC just for a little extra help. You don't want the blow by going past the rings, but it's going to happen. I would suggest NOT draining back. If you've ever seen what collects in the can you won't want it going back in

gamerchad

Yeah, from my understanding it's oil mixed with unburnt fuel and I don't plan to put that back in the pan. I checked out the BR block vent can and it looks like it should do the job for now, I may upgrade in the future to include VC