1999 Acura Interga GSR Build Thread/Progress #Keepitstock

ASGSR

Decided to take the safe route and redo my body work since its been rained on and since i used crappy can primer I was afraid moisture could have gotten in there and ruin all my work after I paint. Thanks to a friend of mine for letting me borrow his garage/work place for a few days until I get all of my body work straighten out. Will also leave the car there to avoid rain and moisture. I have spoken to my instructors and after I finish with the body work I can bring my car in the shop and prime.

ASGSR

Managed to remove the door panels and took out the side molding and door handles. Pulled a dent in the rear and got the front driver fender finished and driver side door. Car is coming along nicely.

Last edited:

Bitanga

Nice work so far. Excited to see more progress!

ASGSR

Well got most of the body work finished beside a little bit of work i need to do the on the rear quarter panel since it appears the sheet metal is stretched. Also purchased a DA and I'm going to try and sand the whole car down Wednesday since its my next day off and try to prime before spring break.

Last edited:

ASGSR

Finished the last bit of body work and got half the car sanded with 400 grit today. Purchased the primer and a mask for protection.

ASGSR

My replacement door handle came in since I managed to break the driver side and I took the car out for a spin since i missed driving it so much.

DC2HOG

B18DC1
I agree, Little to Big. I just bought a '97 Integra GS-R & I like the GS-R wing just fine on my white one....Now if they'll just call & tell me it's in so I can go pick it up, Hopefully Mon-Wed this Week I'll be on my way To Pick it up & Drive Her Home. My issue is I want Biggest 16-17" 7.5-8Inch wide Rims I can fit with 3"CoilOvers. I want my tire at the Top of the Fender Well or the FenderWell covering about Half the Sidewall of the Tires I decide to go with, without Rubbing. Any help on how to pick the size I need to get the result I want, would be mucho Helpful to this Southern Boy

Ted's Owner

On to Integra number two!
I agree, Little to Big. I just bought a '97 Integra GS-R & I like the GS-R wing just fine on my white one....Now if they'll just call & tell me it's in so I can go pick it up, Hopefully Mon-Wed this Week I'll be on my way To Pick it up & Drive Her Home. My issue is I want Biggest 16-17" 7.5-8Inch wide Rims I can fit with 3"CoilOvers. I want my tire at the Top of the Fender Well or the FenderWell covering about Half the Sidewall of the Tires I decide to go with, without Rubbing. Any help on how to pick the size I need to get the result I want, would be mucho Helpful to this Southern Boy
Make a thread, please.

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
I love seeing people put in their own work like this. Good job buddy, looking forward to seeing some fresh paint on here

ASGSR

I love seeing people put in their own work like this. Good job buddy, looking forward to seeing some fresh paint on here
Thanks man, I'm anxious to see some paint on it as well. Tomorrow I should be taking it to school and hopefully get it primed in the next few days.

ASGSR

Ran into a little bit of trouble today with some stretched metal on the driver side fender and rear quarter panel; nothing a pick hammer and 5 hours of patience couldn't fix. Also took the rear bumper and use a scotch-bright to put a scratch on all the hard to get areas. Still need to take the front bumper off since it needs major work and the side mirrors so I don't have anything in the way when painting.