Integra LS Manual Will not go into ANY gear unless car is off. PLEASE HELP!!!!

tony19950725

My car is a 1998 Acura Integra LS with a b18b1 and stock transmission. Everything in the car is completely stock. The problem started yesterday when I was leaving to go to college. The car started up fine untill i tried to shift to reverse gear but it wont budge at all. I tried all the other gears but It can only stay in neutral. I had found out that the boot from the slave clutch cylinder was broken and replaced both the slave and the master clutch cylinder with brand new clutch fluid. Yet it still didnt fix it. I know it cant be the linkage from the stick to the transmission because i can shift into gear with the car off. Please help me as soon as possible, I would very much appreciate it.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
This is typically a master or slave cylinder problem. Did you bleed the hydraulic system? Do it again.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Did you just change the fluid or did you replace the cylinders as well? It's pretty easy to see if the system is working at all. Just look at the slave and clutch arm while someones pressing the clutch. If it's not moving then I'd start by replacing the slave, and if that doesn't cure it, the master.