1999 Acura Interga GSR Build Thread/Progress #Keepitstock

ASGSR

After drooling over this car for over a year I finally got my my hands on an original 1999 Acura Integra GSR with 150,000 miles. Saving every penny i got from my part time job for 8 straight months and non stop looking on all craigslist sites I found this diamond and I knew I had to have it. It was for sale for $5500 and 4 hours away from where I live. I talked to the guy who was selling it and told him that if he dropped the price to $4500 I would be at his house first thing in the morning. Keeping in mind that I would have to paint some parts of the car including the hood, roof, and trunk and I would have to change the axles i considered that $4500 would be a reasonable price. He agreed on the price and as I promised I was there in the morning. As soon as I saw it parked in his driveway nothing else needed to be said. I had missed a lot of opportunities and this wasn't going to be one of them. I am an Auto collision and refinishing tech in the mornings and I work a minimum pay job and saving up isn't always the easiest.

Everyone has a story here is mine...

For now I plan on getting all new fluids and cleaning it. I don't have an exact step by step guide on what I want to do but i want to fix all the little things wrong with the car before i move on to more exciting things. Stay tuned for more updates!
Here are some pics of the car as it sits.

Last edited:

ASGSR

On the way back

Here is the best part of the car in my eyes

Here are some interior shots.

Last edited:

Ryan659

Sweet pick up dude. Is it on coil overs?

If its a GSR, get a GSR wing for it :thumbs up

ASGSR

Sweet pick up dude. Is it on coil overs?

If its a GSR, get a GSR wing for it :thumbs up
Thanks man. I believe its on Tokico Blue Shocks and Struts and H&R springs. I do plan on getting some coilovers soon tho any suggestions? And yes ill probably get a ITR wing for it soon as well.

Last edited:

Ryan659

Thanks man. I believe its on Tokico Blue Shocks and Struts and H&R springs. I do plan on getting some coilovers soon tho any suggestions? And yes ill probably get a GSR wing for it soon as well.
The most popular on here is ground control w/ koni but Tein coilovers work good enough if you're on a budget. There's some others around the price of teins but I don't have experience with them.

And women love the teg, so that'll be a plus since you're in HS ;)

ASGSR

The most popular on here is ground control w/ koni but Tein coilovers work good enough if you're on a budget. There's some others around the price of teins but I don't have experience with them.

And women love the teg, so that'll be a plus since you're in HS ;)
Haha thanks for the suggestions as soon as i come up with more money ill start doing a bit more research on what to get.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
Nice color. Im jelly. That engine bay is clean, like mine was #sniff. But with the new body, she will look that good again :)

Did I miss something about the GSR wing? According to the pics, it looks like it has one #scratchinghead

Ryan659

Nice color. Im jelly. That engine bay is clean, like mine was #sniff. But with the new body, she will look that good again :)

Did I miss something about the GSR wing? According to the pics, it looks like it has one #scratchinghead
Type R wing :lol: :lol:

Fuck off, I'm wingless :p

Swerve

Shawn
Wtf is a gsr wing lol. And trust me your not gunna want to convert the interior.

Anyways nice car man glad to have you and way to buy your own way into it.

ASGSR

Wtf is a gsr wing lol. And trust me your not gunna want to convert the interior.

Anyways nice car man glad to have you and way to buy your own way into it.
Thanks man. I'm still debating if I should swap the interior or not. I would like to just keep it all original for now.