Changing Climate Control Color

tucents

hey guys there was a thread on here about how to change the color of the climate control buttons, i followed the steps but the author made a mistake by saying "use the nail polish remover on the back of the climate control buttons, cruise control switch and rear defroster faces. i dipped a q-tip in the polish remover and rubbed the back of the faces until the blue and white is gone.". It is not true, the black will come off!!!! Not trying to bash the author!!
i tried to be light as possible with the removing but still erased the picture!

Is there anyone who has a procedure that will show me how to do it correctly?
or show me an alternative to changing it to amber!

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
I think the author warned about that, I remember reading through the thread until I became uncomfortable with doing it. I just stuck with changing out my cluster lamps

OGstackadoIIa

TEAM LlGHTSPEED RACING
That's the one I remember reading as well. I just don't care too much about the color of the climate control cluster; if I really wanted something different I would probably just wait it out til I could get the JDM amber climate control and then change the bulbs to red so it matches my speedo cluster

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
That's the one I remember reading as well. I just don't care too much about the color of the climate control cluster; if I really wanted something different I would probably just wait it out til I could get the JDM amber climate control and then change the bulbs to red so it matches my speedo cluster
jdm hype beast.

i might do the bulbs because half of my shit doesnt even light up