port and polish

codeman_11901

so, after much deliberation, i have a bare block ready to rebuild. also have a head, but i was just curious if it would be worth it to send the head in. a good port and polish on the head is good for about how much power? i plan to replace the cams, valves, springs, and retainers. while its tore down i would like to know some opinions on head work and advice on any of this stuff. thanks everyone.

The power it will make will depend on a variety of things like the port work, forced induction or N/A, what components you use, etc.

codeman_11901

garrett 57 trim .63 a/r turbo with brian crower stage 2 forced induction cams, bc springs and retainers, and bc stainless steel valves

codeman_11901

walbro 255lph fuel pump and im not sure on injectors yet, plan on running 12psi but want to be able to ramp it up to 20 when i need to. what size would you suggest? 750's?

codeman_11901

cp 9:1 pistons, eagle h-beams, eagle crank, acl bearings, arp studs, dayton sleeves.

bfatdaintegra

IM motorvated
with thats setup and the 750's depending on what engine management you got,if its a ls motor u can go to 350whp on your setup maybe a lil more if u have a vtec head