Wiseco Pistons with OEM Rings?

GSR_ITR_BOIB

I'm building an LS/VTEC. I have the B18A1 bottom end with an ITR head. It's bored .010 over and I have Wiseco pistons for it (Part# WSC-K566M8125AP to be specific).

Long story short - I don't have Wiseco rings for them. I do, however, have a complete set of brand new in the boxes .010 over Honda genuine OEM rings.

I currently have the lower end assembled and I used the OEM Honda rings. Seems to be fine and everything turns over smoothly.

Beings that I'm not shooting for any kind of serious power, would these OEM Honda rings be alright to use? Minus bolt-ons, the only other aftermarket internals are Eagle forged rods and Supertech valve stem seals. The build should make no more than 210 hp, if even that.

Thanks in advance for your time and possible input!

- DJ

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i would use the wiseco rings, they were made to run with the wiseco piston. Some people will say rings are rings.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You'd have to measure the thickness of the OEM rings and compare that to the matching Wiseco rings which are published in the accessories catalog.

Turning over easy isn't the measure of success. Do they fit correctly and fill the ring groove?