Puzzled 1999 integra w/b18b1 and 2000 integra w/b18b1

RedJrKilla

So just a bit of background I bought the 1999 integra about 4 years ago. As for the 2000 integra I purchased about 1 month ago. On the '99 I've floored it a couple times and my rpm's shoot up and engine roars and I get a great launch. As for the '00 I've only floored it once and realized its not the same response. Its much more slower, engine doesnt roar as loud and the launch is much slower. This has me puzzled? Same engines but different performances? This being said all I found is that my '99 will redline if i rev when parked, as opposed to the '00 will rev out at 5rpm's. So this tells me theres a rev limiter difference between the two. Just looking for information, thanks in advance.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Maybe 17 years ago when they were built in the factory they had the same performance but 100k+ miles later things end up very differently depending on amount of use, use conditions, and user maintenance. Do you think either of those 3 could have impacted your two engines differently?

Have you checked anything on either engine besides the engine code? What about basic maintenance? Oil change, spark plugs, cap & rotor, fuel filter, air filter, valve lash adjustment? Have you done a compression test?