95 Integra gsr

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
95 Integra gsr Resto/Upgrade

Russell's Rice Restoration

(Say that 3 times fast ;P)

The car was rough when i first got it and i am still in the process of cleaning and restoring it up.

I First started with the Needed maintenance (list seems never ending) Now finally starting to slowly upgrade :D
More focused on performance/reliability then will move on to paint, cosmetics etc..

1995 Acura Integra GSR

Engine/Trans~
B18c1- 205,xxx og miles (when bought)
Whale pen**
1st gen skunk2 im
Comptech USA 4-2-1 Header
5w30 Mobile 1 synthetic
Y80-
Honda MTF

Suspension/Wheels~
Koni yellows
Ebay garbage coilover sleeves
ASR subframe brace
Usdm ITR Rear Sway
Rota slipstreams
F-falken ziex. R-Yokohama S-drives 205/50r15

Exhaust-
2in (id) CT Stepped header
2.25in (id) MagnaFlow Cat
2.36in (id) Yonaka cat back

Next up-
1. bushings, inner an outer tie rod. steering boots. Balljoints. New passenger side rta. Lca arms.Front and rear Camber kits. Ground control sleeves,extended tophats. Front wheel bearings. Rear hubs. Every nut and bolt. Arp wheel studs. Black Muteki lugnuts.
2. Alignment
3.valve adjustment
4. Throttle body and comptech icebox, itr arm
5. Rear main seal. Clutch. Itr/ctr trans

Here she is! Ugly i know but give it time!!

Last edited:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Fixed my sloppy shifter. Damn! The comparison is crazy. Changed both bushings and added 2 washers to the u-joint.
Sucks i bought the whole shabang for the u-joint and come to find out it has bearings? So i assume its a ebay shifter. Putting the washers in was pita, it had a collar on there already that i used. Ended up using a flathead and hammerto get the washers in between.
And i never new tightening the ujoint bolt too tight would effect the shifter. Was kinda trippy

Tighten up some bolts and screws. Even added some that were missing in the center dash. Fixed some annoying a$$ rattling.
Now only the shitty ebay hub and passenger door rattle :p

Last edited:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Istalled a skunk2 alpha radiator. Very nioce.
Aswell as a new thermostat coolant flush and where the upper radiator hose meets the block thing.. bummed ot didnt have a bleeder valve

Fan mounted better than the previous rad i had..
Only 3 holes lined up.. no biggie tho

Clearance perfect. Great fit and addition

Last edited:

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
A pic of my ugly interior and very bendable steering wheel. (Thanks PO)
So many little things in here need attention. And dont get me started on the rattling

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Decided to take out my back seats..
And check out this passenger side quarter panel that has been replaced. .. ugh shit show...

These pics were after i sprayed anti rust spray and pesticides

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Went to harbor frieght today and got a 20 ton H press.
Next up Ground controls and i think im going with hardrace bushings.

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
Got my Ground control coilover sleeves and 4 top mounts yesterday.
Now i just need the bushings and tie rods

TeggyRussE

DumDeeDum
A little update.
So i have almost everything for my suspension rebuild but a huge order from oemacuraparts for all the bolts hubs bearings tie rods balljoints blah blah blah..

This was my first time taking off a caliper completely, painting a caliper, taking off a rotor , and actually undoing a brake line.. so pretty good day, taking off the first caliper and preping took a little longer than I wanted but all in all good experience.

I cleaned out all of the old grease from caliper bracket pins/sliders. Sanded the pins/sliders til super smooth. Will be assembaling everything with new grease when the time comes, the dust boots/gaskets seem fine. Piston went in n out fine and smooth.

The calipers off and before prep-

I did 3 coats, 1 coat every 10mins
Didnt take a pic of them prep...
Heres the first side, not bad but could be alot better-

Heres the 2nd side, better than the first imo. Didnt prep as much surface as before-

And heres the bent free RTAs waiting for the parts.

Debating on SS brake lines while im in there.

I miss my car i havent driven the gsr in like 3-4 months, been driving my eg hatch with like 120hp and a lonnngggg ass CX trans hahahaha

Last edited:

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
Should of upgraded those calipers to type r ones. I barely noticed a difference when I did mine but its still a nice upgrade.

LoweredDC4

Jimmy
:rolf: How is it an upgrade if you don't notice any difference? :lol:
Idk lol. There is a difference most likely. I'm more of a numbers on paper guy than trying to convince myself that something is different because I think it feels different.