Replacing rear speakers

MofoTomO

I picked up a pair of pioneer speakers at a flea market for my 95 hatchback, it didnt come with any instructions. I thought I could just swap out the old ones. Any help would be appreciated

Ganyon

I believe you have to take the back seat and panels out to get to the speakers. Not sure. My teg already had aftermarket speakers in it.

ryanDC

I folded the seats down and peeled the panel back to reach in there. Then its just mounted by screws

FloTegra

what you do is pop off the little slotted covers and unscrew the old speakers, unconnect them and then get some little connecters that fit over the speaker terminals and connect those to the positive wire and then one on the negative wire, then connect them to the speaker and screw it back in, the speakers should fit right in without a braket if you got the right size...not hard at all brotha, just connect the positive and negative and screw em back in and your good, you might have to tug on the old ones a bit to get em out..

mjones73

The stockers are 3 screw, mounting aftermarket with all 4 screws is about impossible without pulling the whole panel back. You can't get to the back screw by just removing the grills.

MofoTomO

Yeah I unconnected the old speakers, just didnt know how to connect the new ones since the wires diff.

sumfilipinodude

You could buy a speaker wire harness from like Best Buy, it makes things easier to hook up the speakers instead of splicing wires