new b20 for my 1990 gs

ajavogeli

1990 gs
Just bought b20 for 90 teg gs. Should be ready wed just the block and head are going in for now i no it has more Hp but will it be noticeably different than my b18 a block and head and if so how much different also what are some things that I can do to increase Hp minor things for now that is

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Which b20 is it? Depending on which one you got (where it came from) it may actually be less powerful HP wise.You will feel a bit more torque though.

The b20 is really similar to the b18, aside from increased displacement obviously. There is only so much you can do to get power out of them without spending a lot of money... intake, header, exhaust are the starters, but then you have to start spending more money to do things like vtec conversion, cams and valvetrain, injectors, tuning, building the bottom end... Eventually if you're looking to go beyond 200whp you'll need to boost it.

PS, please use punctuation, it makes it a lot easier to understand what you're asking. :thumbsup

ajavogeli

1990 gs
It came out of a 2001 crv all wheel drive it should be the high compression one right

ajavogeli

1990 gs
So is this gonna make a difference that I will notice

klutchDb7

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
It came out of a 2001 crv all wheel drive it should be the high compression one right
If you consider 9.6:1 high compression, then yes.
Vtec head swap is that what u mean
Yes
All B20s make more power than any B18a/b.
96-98 US spec B20b made 126hp. That's 4hp less than US spec B18a like our friend here had, albeit they make more torque (133tq vs. 90-91 US b18a making 121tq). I guess it depends on how technically you want to look at it :what:

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
If you consider 9.6:1 high compression, then yes.

Yes

96-98 US spec B20b made 126hp. That's 4hp less than US spec B18a like our friend here had, albeit they make more torque (133tq vs. 90-91 US b18a making 121tq). I guess it depends on how technically you want to look at it :what:
Technically speaking, that number you posted was through a crappy automatic transmission and a different intake manifold. :what: