Rear windshield washer system removal complete (pics)

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I had my rear washer nozzle shaved off a couple of weeks ago, the roof was getting repainted anyway because some tree branches fell on it, insurance paid.
Well today, I removed the rubber hose, from the nozzle location all the way to the tank under the hood. Quite a little project, had to remove every single panel on the driver side of the car to get it out.
But it was fun, beautiful weather outside, my asshole of a neighbor left me alone, everything went really smooth.
And I was able to do a cool little thing in the engine bay to really clean up the look of the driver side area.
First of, of course, the rear hose is now gone, down to just the one hose for the front nozzles, so that helps clean things up.
Here's the rear hose...sucker's 18 feet long! lol

Now, where the rear hose ran down from the roof to the floor, by the rear drivers side speaker, it's held down in 3 areas by little black clips.
Since I'm down to 1 hose under the hood I didn't need this big, ugly white clip anymore.
Here's the clips. Big ugly white one from under the hood, 1 of the 3 little black ones from the back:

I pulled out the white clip, hoping that the hole under it was the same size hole the black clips use....it was!
Ugly white clip gone, little black clip in:

2 little black clips in actually...see the one down low? There just happened to be a hole there, right size hole too! Amazing.

I was so pumped I was able to do that, hadn't planned on it, didn't know those black clips were in the back. Looks sooo much better, now I just gotta get rid of all that damn white buffing compound from the body shop. :cussing: Haha, oh well.
Here's the best before picture I have of that area:

I plugged the hole at the tank end with a little half inch long screw. I just screwed it into the little nipple sticking out the bottom of the pump where the hose had attatched, just one of my regular sized screws I have was the perfect size to plug the hole nice and tight. There are actually separate pumps for the front washer nozzles and the rear nozzle, their mounted right to the tank side by side. Had to take off the driver side wheel and the wheel well liner to get at that area of the tank. I took a pic of the screw I put in the nipple, but it came out all blurry and dark. :cry:

Bought a plug at Ace Hardware to plug the hole in the firewall where the rear hose came through. 40 cents.

I think I dropped the weight of my car about half a pound removing the hose, lol. But hey, it was fun, cleaned up the look of the engine bay....getting intimate with your car and doing kooky little stuff like that is what make our cars our cars, am I right? :)
Successfully completeing little projects on your car makes you more confident to take on bigger jobs in the future, and that's very satisfying, because no one you leave your car in the hands of to do a job for you will treat it with care and respect the way you will. I've left my car in the hands of enough disrespectful grease monkeys to know that for sure.

Last edited:

Winki

Undercover mod
Congrats!!!! that seems like some work. I'm trying to get my back nozel to work better, hate having a dirty back window

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Wow, your back window gets dirty enough to need washer fluid?! Mine never does, I never used the thing in the almost 6 years I've had the Teg.
I'm keeping my rear wiper though, it's definitley useful to me.

Last edited: