Bike talk: Motorcycle/Scooter chat thread!

Which one?

• Shark Speed-R Ike

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shark Speed-R Sauer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

R13

The other asshole
You know the sound an automatic transmission makes when you jam it in park while rolling?

Yeah that's about what the rattle in the F4 escalates to when you rev it :rolf:

94RS

No fucks given.
You know the sound an automatic transmission makes when you jam it in park while rolling?

Yeah that's about what the rattle in the F4 escalates to when you rev it :rolf:
Fuck the F4, I'm more concerned with why you know that sound....

R13

The other asshole
:rolf:

Parts expedition's rear end is obliterated, so when you put it in gear the driveshaft turns, but you don't go anywhere... well I didn't know this the first time I tried to move it, so when it wasn't moving I went to shove it in park thinking the transmission was just bad... nope :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Okay, so I tore it down, reset the timing, rotated the engine several times to make sure it stays in time, and rechecked the valve clearances. I see nothing wrong with the engine now, so when I put this fucker back together I expect it to run better :lol:

I feel confident it needs the FPR and I'm sure it could use the throttle body sync, but at the very least I'd appreciate it if it wouldn't run like an air cooled beetle :lol:

94RS

No fucks given.
Okay, so I tore it down, reset the timing, rotated the engine several times to make sure it stays in time, and rechecked the valve clearances. I see nothing wrong with the engine now, so when I put this fucker back together I expect it to run better :lol:

I feel confident it needs the FPR and I'm sure it could use the throttle body sync, but at the very least I'd appreciate it if it wouldn't run like an air cooled beetle :lol:

Reliable and easy to get parts for if something does go wrong? Seems pretty stupid not to want that....

R13

The other asshole
Fucking Jesus Christ I should just string this thing up in a tree and burn it...

It runs exactly the same. No better whatsoever.

I guess I'm gonna have to go Facebook group surfing because the CBR forums are a bunch of useless cunts.

94RS

No fucks given.
Still runs the same and still has a bad FPR....

Gee, I wonder what could be the problem here.

R13

The other asshole
The only thing that bugs me is it didn't run nearly this bad before...

I'll order the FPR tomorrow. If it doesn't fix it I'll just list it in CL as a project bike for $800. Not going to keep fucking with it when I don't really have the money for the fpr in the first place.

94RS

No fucks given.
Check Partzilla. They'll probably have it cheaper than other places.

Or get a used one off eBay for like $30 :lol:

R13

The other asshole
The used one will probably be bad :lol: Apparently f4i's are bad for the FPR failing just like the stock CCT which is why I don't understand why I can't find someone with an answer to why the damn thing sounds like a flat four.

Partzilla has it for like $75 shipped with the FPR return hose. $63 without it.

Better than $85+ everywhere else, if only I didn't have $90 to my name :lol:

R13

The other asshole
Oh cool, by the time I put gas in the truck I actually don't have money for the FPR :lol: