92 teg rad fan mystery

Alright guys I got a mess here, bought a 92 teg im working on and when I bough it the rad fans were rigged to a switch I don't like that so I wanna attempt to get it working properly in the process of a wire tuck and figured now is probably the best time! So what I got is about 6 wires on the passanger side and like 3 or 4 on the driver side which all of go nowhere I have the helms book but not very good at reading diagrams can anyone help me out here with pics or a way to get these things working by themselves as far as i can tell there's no relay and idk what wires went to it
Those wires are passanger side:
Yellow/green
Yellow/black
Yellow/white
Heavier gauge white with red stripes
Red/black with silver stripes
Green/black with red stripes

Drivers side
Red/black with silver stripes
Blue/red with silver stripes
White with silver stripes
Green/white with silver stripes

dlo253

There are fan relays kind of near the radiator. Dont remember the exact stock location, I've been tucked for a couple years now. Take a close look at the diagrams. The fan switch should go to the relay one way or another. You could always wire up your own relay and tie into the switch. But if you aren't the best with reading diagrams, not sure I would attempt that

I'm pretty sure someone completely taken the relays out completely the fan switch is the one behind the block right by the oil pressure sending unit right? according to the diagram there's a yellow/black that goes to the relay comes out yellow/green then to the temp switch and a/c diode (my ac has Ben removed) then ground and a white that goes to the motor then comes out blue and also goes to the relay then ground. So if I pick up a relay and wire it according to this it should work right? I just wish I had another car to look at to be sure

Last edited:

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
You could just wire it through your ignition. My civic is wired that way (previous owner did it) he had it wired where once you start the car its on 100% percent of the time. But its quiet so I don't mind it

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

Yeah that works but that isn't what I want I want it to operate independently like it should on when it's hot off when it's cooler im basically restoring this thing and don't want anything rigged

MyLittleTeg

Honda Enthusiast
Yeah that works but that isn't what I want I want it to operate independently like it should on when it's hot off when it's cooler im basically restoring this thing and don't want anything rigged
I gotcha. What your going to need is the diagram for the proper wiring for the fans and rewire it in with relays and all. Should be a fun task

" I’d rather lose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch because someone built it for me. "

dlo253

Sorry about that, I dont get on here too often anymore. Yeah all you need to do is wire the relay accordingly. I have mine just come on with the key, but it can be wired using the stock fan switch. Which is the weird big thing with 2 prongs coming out of it, next the the oil pressure sensor.