Car stopped beeping when locking

panda327

hi i have a 1996 integraSE sedan, just toady when i unlocked my car it didn't make that 2 beep sound to show me i unlocked it, and when i tried locking it, it didn't make the 1 beep sound to show me i locked it ...
does anyone know whats wrong ? and what i can do to get the beep back?
thank you

DailyDB8

>>>Honda Enthusiast<<<
it could be on silent mode. my old alarm did that. still locks the car and parking lights blink but no siren beep.

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
Yeah, you may have put it in silent mode accidentally. The OEM keyless entry in my Sentra has the option of silent mode too. To put it in silent mode I just need to press the lock and unlock at the same time and hold it for 2 seconds. I dunno if Honda keyless entry's work the same way, but maybe your remote was in your pocket and got squished and pushed lock and unlock togther and put itself in silent mode.

panda327

hi thanks for all your help
acutally my alarm is turned off i try locking the car and opening the door from inside no alarm...
how do i put it in not silent mode?

its a viper alarm... i bought this car second hand i dunno if this was installed at dealer or aftermarket

Last edited:

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
why don't you look up the model online and try to get some instructions off there site. Or let us know which model it is, it should be under the dash.

panda327

i couldn't find any model number....
the red light in the middle between my hazard light and my back defroster doesn't blink.. its a stale red light
but the anti thief light on the radio is blinking

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
A-hah. Your alarm is in "valet" mode. Why didn't you tell us it was freakin aftermarket. Valet mode disables the alarm, but the keyless entry keeps working. You'll need to break out the owner's manual to learn how to get it back to full operation mode, because the procedure varies between manufacturers. Or take it back to where you had it installed and they'll straighten it out for you, probably for free. If you didn't have it installed, then your only hope is to find the model # and get an owners manual online....keep looking on the brain, it'll be there.

panda327

haha i didn't know >< .... i had to call back the guy i bought it from to find out it was aftermarket he took it to the toyota dealership to install .. but he said he doesn't have the manual and doesn't know the model number ><
where would the "brain" your talking about be ?

panda327

problem fixed!! by opening car door and pushing 1-2-1 on my remote now my alarm works and it beeps!!!
thank you for all you help

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
To find the brain, disconnect the siren, then set the alarm off. You'll hear the relays inside the brain clicking.