What's an estimate on HP i'm making

jdolby599

Hi im new to this site and semi new to integras in general, i had just pruchased ad 93 Integra with a b18b1 and would like a rough idea on what kind of power i have with the engine mods heres a list,
bored .30 over with performance pistons
stage 2 comp cams,cam gears
edelbrock intake manifold
aem cold air intake
ebay header,ebay catback,no cat
again im just wondering a rough idea on what kind of power im making without dyno it also has a basic tune on it nothing real crazy thanks whoever has any ideas

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
you dont have a tune on it. You have a basemap. Get it tuned, it isnt running right. A basemap will get you just good enough to run. Dyno it. If i had to guess between 120-140.

jdolby599

ok

i know stock its 140 hp so i would assume to be more than 120-140 it has to have a tune on it because it runs great its powerful.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
stock is 140 crank. 120 wheel maybe with bolt ons. A gsr STOCK only puts down 140 to the wheels. Now expand on your tune...if you didnt dyno tune it then is it street tuned or did you just go to x shop and they burned a chip for you? Because if they did, that is not a tune, it is a basemap. A basemap is not a tune. A tune is going through the fuel maps rpm by rpm and changing the values of the basemap to YOUR specific motor. A basemap is just there so you dont blow your motor and are able to drive your car to get a dyno tune.

jdolby599

thanks

Ok i get it now,so i guess i will be going to a shop to dyno and properly tune it then so i know what im looking at thanks a bunch for helping me understand, i have alot to learn still i plan on building my own setup going for all motor will post pics and stats when its all done thanks again.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
remember crank hp means nothing. Im fairly sure my car makes upwards of 200 crank horse power. what really matters is what its putting down to the ground. Also, dyno it with your slicks if you do drag racing or whatever, you want to dyno it using the wheels/tires you will be on mostly.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
You're missing so much information on your build it is difficult for us to even make a bench racing comparison to similar builds. We don't even know your static compression ratio, what valvetrain you're using, what's your rev limit, what injector size, what header design, exhaust size, tb size, whether it has head work done or not, etc. Not to mention you have no idea if it has anything beyond a street tune (which- even if it is safe - will probably not be making the kind of power a good tuner will make on a dyno).

To give you a "rough idea", most NA non-VTEC builds I've seen have not broken 160 whp. A few very well-built B1's have done 170-180 from my recollection.

Where do you live? I'm sure someone can recommend a quality dyno tuner in your area, then you will know for sure.