poor fuel economy

714DB7SQUAD

First time posting on here....need your guys help on my my teg is wasting so much gas. I did a valve adjustment,New spark plugs and wires,New dizzy cause mine took a dump,New FPR amd fuel pump
Cylinder 2 has a misfire
Before it used to get amazing gas mileage
Can anyone help me out....thanks in advance

Muckman

Not a M0derator
Youve replaced most of the applicable parts. "new" distributors are suspect because that means non OEM and lesser quality. a compression test will let us know if the engine is mechanically sound, in time, and holding compression.

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
How long is it taking for your car to warm up? Anything longer than 5-10minutes is too long.
- Aaron

714DB7SQUAD

Like s couple minutes....if it's more than 5min what does that mean

TheIVJackal

Freedom through Jesus
Well, if it's longer than 5-10min, I would suspect an open Thermostat, which is a likely cause for poor fuel economy.
Do you have any soot/black dust on your rear bumper near the exhaust? I'm wondering if maybe one or more of the injectors got clogged with something after you replaced some parts. The filter should catch pretty much everything but it's just a thought.

714DB7SQUAD

I to get another dizzy from work....and i haven't done the test yet cause of work and school....i will try and do it Thursday my day off

714DB7SQUAD

Still haven't done the compression test but,i did purchase an o2 sensor...i already changed the one by the cat but i can't find the other one can anyone help me?

714DB7SQUAD

I checked unless i didn't see it I'll look again after work...i kept seeing people say its by the heat shield..that you have to take off the carpet but i dont think so