potential?

hothandzison

i have a 94 RS, with a 95 LS engine.

does anyone know what can be done to this motor? (well alot of you know!) :p
what kind of potential does this motor have?

im thinking, non/ aspirated wise! what can be done to this stock block to make it run, and i mean RUN!! at least sub 13's/12's/11's

would i have to upgrade to a k motor? tranny etc? thanks....

im thinking more in the lines of upgrades that are street/ smog legal. upgrades that will last.. and components that i would need with it. all i want is a daily driver thats fast! a multi purpose mobile if you will. thanks!

im trying to decide which way will be better.. money, and time wise.

thanks... and sorry for being an import noob.

mugensix

go sidewayz
i recomend you first go with
1-headers
2-catback exhaust
3- CAI
4-ecu
5-new preformacne fuel rail
6-maybe an IM if you want...???
7-ngk plugs and wires :)
8-and definately cam gears and the shafts

tilegend

im thinking, non/ aspirated wise! what can be done to this stock block to make it run, and i mean RUN!! at least sub 13's/12's/11's
you mean NATURALLY / ASPIRATED (N/A) not non /aspirated...

if your engine was non - aspirated it wouldn't run.

i recomend you first go with
1-headers
2-catback exhaust
3- CAI
4-ecu
5-new preformacne fuel rail
6-maybe an IM if you want...???
7-ngk plugs and wires :)
8-and definately cam gears and the shafts
You dont need a fuel rail.... don't know why you suggested one... unless its just for the bling factor... you wont need one unless you're going heavy into FI.

and you wont need an intake manifold for that matter either... unless you have high compression pistons & high lift cams.
and the only one that i would suggest after doing those things would be the performer x

as for the ecu... i think he already has one otherwise his engine wouldnt be running.

Last edited:

hothandzison

you mean NATURALLY / ASPIRATED (N/A) not non /aspirated...

if your engine was non - aspirated it wouldn't run.

You dont need a fuel rail.... don't know why you suggested one... unless its just for the bling factor... you wont need one unless you're going heavy into FI.

and you wont need an intake manifold for that matter either... unless you have high compression pistons & high lift cams.
and the only one that i would suggest after doing those things would be the performer x

as for the ecu... i think he already has one otherwise his engine wouldnt be running.

THANKS GUYS..
im medical, not mechanical.. thats why i need to ask.. sorry for the ignorance!

does anyone know how fast 1/ 4 mile i can get with this block? thanks....

tilegend

THANKS GUYS..
im medical, not mechanical.. thats why i need to ask.. sorry for the ignorance!

does anyone know how fast 1/ 4 mile i can get with this block? thanks....
what is your budget first of all...?

hothandzison

i dont plan on spending/ buying everything all at once.. more like a project!
as long as what i spend on the car will be usable for the future. you know what i mean?
no budget really, as long as my car is still driveable during my project!

THANKS in advance!!!!!

i wanna go 12's hopefully even sub 12's..
will it be cheaper to just save up for a k swap?

hothandzison

input is all im looking for.... some kinda positive FEEDBACK.

i thought the reason for forums was to help each other out? im new to tuning teggys.. so im looking to see what i need to do..

honestly im a ford man.. i used to have a DA when i was younger, and i just missed having it, so i picked up my DC. ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT MY 302, and i can help! trust me, you get into a domestic forum, and theyll help each other out! i guess the down fall of alot of tuners is that alot of people are haters..

think about it, when youre sick where do you go? to the doctors.. then they tell you what you need to know, or help out as much as possible. you dont hear them saying well you an idi*t.. you a noob..
right?

fast and the furious.. hahaahhahahaha...
i aint gonna lie, when that movie first came out, i thought that sh*t was tight.

can alot of you guys do me a favor? just admit it, if you drive a damn rice rocket or asian import YOUR A RICER!!

i aint never seen so much sh*t talking in my life!

believe me.. anyone, and everyone that doesnt drive a japanese import, calls everyone with a japanese import a ricer! and the way you guys use the term ricer is what others call burrito rockets.. or bean mobiles!

lemme say it, im a ford man, but yes i got an integra so that qualifies me as a ricer.. so what?

just help if you can, if you cant.. dont!
no harm no foul..

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
Honda's are rice burners. I run on pure grease from the Japanese resturants around town. It's pretty badass. Saves on gas pretty good too.

BUT! Cars are cars, no matter what type they are. What you would upgrade on your 302 is what you should upgrade on your B18. a different cam will do exactly what a different cam would do in your motor. Not EXACTLY but still gives you the performance.

If you want to go sub 12, I suggest you get a K motor. out of the box you should be in the high 13's if you're a good drive. Then comes basically everything. What do you want? N/A or boost?

Boost - Supercharger or turbo?
Are you still using this as a daily or a track only car?
You're right, there are a lot of haters in this thread, but there are a lot of haters anywhere you go. are any of them going to take offense to you calling them haters? no, probably not because you just told them you're a domestic guy. I agree, it's stupid when you can't get a straight answer on "what should I do?" but honestly a lot more of your own research will point you in right directions. Make friends with someone before you start asking questions. It makes people more willing to give you a straight answer.

It's easy to hate on a n00b. That's what us big E-Bully's do.

Now if people can stop pointing and laughing, Try and turn this thread into something legit instead of:
OmG GuyZ! DeD yOu Cee WaT tEh N0oB p0SteD?!?!

hothandzison

Honda's are rice burners. I run on pure grease from the Japanese resturants around town. It's pretty badass. Saves on gas pretty good too.

BUT! Cars are cars, no matter what type they are. What you would upgrade on your 302 is what you should upgrade on your B18. a different cam will do exactly what a different cam would do in your motor. Not EXACTLY but still gives you the performance.

If you want to go sub 12, I suggest you get a K motor. out of the box you should be in the high 13's if you're a good drive. Then comes basically everything. What do you want? N/A or boost?

Boost - Supercharger or turbo?
Are you still using this as a daily or a track only car?
You're right, there are a lot of haters in this thread, but there are a lot of haters anywhere you go. are any of them going to take offense to you calling them haters? no, probably not because you just told them you're a domestic guy. I agree, it's stupid when you can't get a straight answer on "what should I do?" but honestly a lot more of your own research will point you in right directions. Make friends with someone before you start asking questions. It makes people more willing to give you a straight answer.

It's easy to hate on a n00b. That's what us big E-Bully's do.

Now if people can stop pointing and laughing, Try and turn this thread into something legit instead of:
OmG GuyZ! DeD yOu Cee WaT tEh N0oB p0SteD?!?!
THANKS!!!! kinda straightforwardness im looking for.