Help!!!! Tranny question

hondalude89

Hey guys I am new to this website. I actually own an 89 Prelude. My question is in regards to a 1993 Integra that I am doing a transmission swap on. I was wondering if any of you had any info that would help me along the way. The car in question has a B18A engine and has a cable tranny. The tranny has grinds in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear. The guy I am doing the swap for wants it replaced and wants to know what tranny might fit besides the stock one. I have told him that possibly a first gen. B16 cable tranny might bolt up to the block. I am not sure though :oops: so I figured I would ask some 'Teg owners and see what they came up with :) . Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!!

Baldy201

pretty much any b-series trans will bolt up to any b-series engine. My suggestion is stick with the cable trans of any b series, that will save a lot of headaches. yea a cable trans from the B16 would be perfect. Fitment wise it should bolt up with no problems.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
^^ what he said.

also you could put hydro trannys on, they are newer so they probably dont have any grinds, though you will have to get a hydro to cable conversion. i believe hasport makes one