weird heating problem

slikk

Money Getter
i got a 90 LS ...

friday i noticed the car overheating so i switched the car off and looked under the hood and noticed a leak in one of the coolant lines going to the fuel rail area. i hook it to the mechanic and have the have replaced.

this morning i took the car out on the highway and did 100MPH for about 2 - 3 miles straight no problem.. got off the exit, turn around did the same back.

once on the local i noticed it getting hot again, usally when i stop a intersection with the half gas/half clutch (like a hill start), then when i start moving it get cool almost instantly.

what could that be?

Eviloliv3 .. i am expecting a response from u . u seem to know quite a bit

note: i reciently had a new distrubutor installed

Baldy201

it maybe a stuck themostat. it is stuck closed. that would be my best guess. that may also explain the coolant around the fuel rail area. this is just a guess so dont take it as bible.

Eviloliv3

Nobody Listens To Me
well the reason it cools down is because the air outside is hitting the radiator at speed. my radiator used to stay always hot during the summer, and then once winter hit, i would be lucky if it showed up as "normal operating temperature".

if its overheating, i would check the cooling system, as in the radiator/radiator hoses (replace if they look worn) etc. check the fliud level in the radiator...

i dont believe the distributor would have anything to do with it, since all it does is regulate the spark.

slikk

Money Getter
thanks for your input... however my car was broken into AGAIN. i am going to rapair it and sell it ... no more tegs.

anyone insterested, i am asking $2100. i am in connecticut. pick up only

picture link below:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=6046413