Oil Press. Sensor

lsvtecDC2GsR

Hello Everyone, My oil press. light is not coming on when the ign. is on or even when you crank the motor. I took the cluster out and replaced bulbs and it will still not come on. I've been away from the game for a while and am not sure where the location of the oil press sender unit is as I was going to check the connection. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, 96 DC2 GSR 2DR.

poordc2

Hello Everyone, My oil press. light is not coming on when the ign. is on or even when you crank the motor. I took the cluster out and replaced bulbs and it will still not come on. I've been away from the game for a while and am not sure where the location of the oil press sender unit is as I was going to check the connection. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks, 96 DC2 GSR 2DR.
Yea check the connection first and I think the oil pressure sensor is behind the engine that has a one wire plug

Slo_Teggy

Slow Driver
its by the oil filter, towards the driver side
ya, it's just to the left of the filter (if you were to look at the filter straight on). Be careful though, the wires snap very easily. Mine ripped out when I was just moving other tubes and lines, didn't even get close to it.

If the wires snap, just install an oil pressure gauge. You'll probably get a good 23hp out of doing that. :lol:

dcruz301

okay so i was under my DA the other day, because my oil light is flickering the whole time, as soon as it happened, i got on here, and i was looking at what everyone had to say about it, and i didnt drive the car any longer. it has been sitting at the shop for a while, i had to get a new Idle Air Control Valve, for a whole problem, that still isnt fixed...
but, i had no oil, i got new oil, did all that, and when i got under to replace the OPS i had noticed there was oil leaking from the line? it is kind of cut on the bottom of the end of the cable, so if i just put an oil pressure guage on there, i will be fine?