integra gsr

yeifri

hey there am knew in this website, i have a 98 gsr with a complect type r swap, now i got do my suspension, i want to go full coilovers, any ideas on what brand would be the best one to go with, something that feel confortable on the roude, thanks

Accel.speed

basically, i like fast!
There's many to choose from. Some more expensive than other's. A solid one to go with is F&F1s.

cpeehler7

Banned
What is your budget? You could get a Koni/Ground control setup with lighter weight springs. That would be pretty nice on the road, you can soften the damping as well. Then if you decide to race the car later on, just stiffen the shocks and get heavier springs... That's what I would do. I have seen some Koni Yellow sets for sale on ebay with less desirable spring rates selling for $600 ish, give or take.

Charly[horse]

Name = John
Koni/GC ftw, I loved my set as a DD. I know they aren't "full coilovers" but they are legit no doubt.

SoundEfx

Make sure you know what you're getting yourself into when you order your full coilovers.
For some reason, most manufactures have 12K springs on their coilovers for these cars and honestly, those are drag strip racing stiff springs.
I have no idea why they do that.

On the other hand, if you get a spring / strut combo, you can have a more custom set up to suite your style.

I like to rate spring rates like this:
6K - Street only, very smooth ride when the dampering is set right.
8K - Mostly street, some carving of corners and light track use. Slightly harsher ride
10 - 12K - Drag strip. Very stiff and harsh ride on every day bumpy roads.

That is of course my opinion.

SoundEfx

Never used them but I would think that they would be like any other mid ranged priced coilovers.

Don't expect superb quality, but at the same time, they might be better than others.

DCiFound

SEAHAWKS!!
I hear good reviews about megan.
Majority off the shelf coilovers for our cars is 11k fr/6k rr. Off the shelf = base setup.
Now, spend more and get custom setups like 12k/10k. This rating or higher are for those that like being slammed tucking tire without rubbing on bumps. EFX said it right, HARSH
You will learn. I know the feeling, is it worth that extra couple hundred dollars for quality. The answer is, YES

cpeehler7

Banned
hey guys thanks for the tips, what you guys think about megan coilovers?
Just FYI, skunk2 Megan etc all those cheaper brands will have the same crappy Monotube shocks. They're moderately bouncy. If you get something with adjustable damping that would be ideal for a daily driver. That said I have heard the Function and Form Type 1 are pretty soft and comfortable. That's what I would get if I were on a tight budget and couldn't afford a Koni/GC set.

Or I would get a slightly used set of Koni Yellows with light GC spring rates.

yeifri

hey guys, do you kn if they sell any coilovers were i can change the spring rate, and i was thinking going 12k f and 10k r
let me kn wat you guys thik

SoundEfx

The only company that I know of that allows you to valve your coilovers to accomadate +/- 2 spring rates, is BC Racing.
You could buy a coilover rated for 10K springs and can use 12K - 8K springs on it with out the need to revalve.

yeifri

The only company that I know of that allows you to valve your coilovers to accomadate +/- 2 spring rates, is BC Racing.
You could buy a coilover rated for 10K springs and can use 12K - 8K springs on it with out the need to revalve.
thanks bro, i will defenetly look at it