Integra cluster light not working HELP!

MilanoRedITR

Hello forums. I have a 1996 ls integra. Few months ago my cluster light has went out. Before all of this happened, I recently installed a sub and amp in my car. Everything was fine but when I turn up the bass or whatever, my fuses go out. It happened a couple time, and when it did my cluster light, amber lights, and rear lights go out. So I simply just switch out the fuse. Keep in mind this happened several times already.

But later as this keep happening,* my cluster light itself went out, well only the tach's went out. Like the temp, rpm, mph, and gas gauge light doesn't work. Everything else works but that. My rear and amber lights turns on too.

I've already tried everything. Fuses are still good. Bulbs are good, even try switch it out with new bulbs, dimmer is still good, relay still works. The cluster itself is still GOOD. I switched it out onto another integra and it turns on and works well.

*Right now I have no other idea what could be wrong, other than the wiring to the lights. If you guys could help me revive my babies because I drive at the all the time and I'm tired of using a ghetto flashlight to see how fast I am going lol.

Last edited:

Russell D

I would unhook the power wires to the amp, if it stops happening I would double check the wires to the amp that they aren't crossed somewhere; I don't know how many watts your amp is, but if it's big and you don't have a capacitor that can cause quite a few issues!

Nick_C78

How is it wired up. You could have fried something. Especially if you put a higher amp fuse in it to prevent it from Blowing.

MilanoRedITR

Wired from amp to deck and battery. Everything is working fine, and so is the cluster. I switched it out onto another teg and it works. So there has to be something wrong with the wiring or something blown. I've rechecked the fuses, relays, and some wiring. Tried resetting the car, amp and etc, but no luck

themiller13

Make/model of the amp? Wattage draw? The cluster has a fuse in the dash. Check your grounds for the amp. And the connections on the amp too. Make sure the +/- aren't arcing to each other before getting to the amp

MilanoRedITR

Bump. This friday I'm going to check the grounds to see if it is causing anything. I'm also going to replace my door jamb because it's been out for awhile
I'll upload a quick video for you guys to see. I could sure use a honda tech right now.