constant engine rattling

sn@ke3ater

My engine (b20) constantly vibrates the whole car. It also vibrates a lot more when i'm driving up hills, usually only up to third gear. Why is this? Can I stop it by buying better engine mounts or is the problem related to something else?

Muckman

Not a M0derator
You gotta find the rattle first before firing the parts canon at it. look at the condition of the motor mounts, try to move the engine by pushing on it. Does it move a lot? Inspect the exhaust and heat shield. Are they touching anything? Do you see rub marks?

g6qwerty

The b20b in my car vibrates some things inside of my car at certian rpm ranges, but other than that its fine. I do have a broken front motor mount, and the other ones seam to be just fine. it did have almost 200,000 miles on it when i started driving it

xxBLOOD88SHOTxx

Surge Master
A noise is not going to cause a vibration. A vibration is going to cause the noise.

Your issue= Broken mount

Your solution= Put in good mount

Then go on from there.

g6qwerty

also securing lose item will help solve some of the noise, but its the front motor mount on my car. it looks like trouble to get to one of the bolts though. Its been that way since I've seen the car and driven it like that. Front Motor Mount image.

Last time I had then engine out every other motor mount looked good except for the one in front. But yeah If you put the eninge in got to make sure nothing was left lose either.

92_JDM

The b20b in my car vibrates some things inside of my car at certian rpm ranges, but other than that its fine. I do have a broken front motor mount, and the other ones seam to be just fine. it did have almost 200,000 miles on it when i started driving it
Im having similar problem after i changed my axle..im currently running a b20b with innovative mounts.