what did you do to your car today?

94RS

No fucks given.
Not my car, but a kid i met on FB. This kid or his friend had tried to jump start the car, but crossed the +pos and -neg terminals and blew a fuse. Tried to help him over fb by sending him a link to read on how to resolve, or at least troubleshoot the issue. This was last week. This morning, i asked him if he fixed the issue. He said no and was asking me if it was the ECU.

I told him i would swing by to help him out. I grabbed my multi meter and my laptop since he didnt have any of that. Stopped by the store and rented an OBD2 reader to be sure it wasnt the ECU being fried. I get there and in less than a minute, i found a blown fuse :roll: It was the Alternator fuse. I found out that he didnt even read the link i sent him and also found out that he was only 20. Kids these days have no sense of being a mechanic. Or knowledge to research on how to figure things out on their own.

After an hour of researching on how to remove the fuse, we get it out. These fuses are not just a pull out. They are bolted in from the bottom. However, these 120A box fuse is not available at the local store. They decided to run to a junkyard, while i left to go home. At least, they now know how fix the issue. Im hoping that is the issue why the car wouldnt start, cus i honestly dont feel like going there to help. I might, but this time they will be paying me for my service. First one is always free 8)
Creepy old man finds young kids on FB and expects them to pay for his services after giving them a free taste....

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

Ganyon

2 or 4 wheels. They are all vehicles

I keep hearing that from people. How much did you buy your battery for?

I got them used off of craigs last year. Dont remember what i paid, but it came with the hub ring you see for my car. They are 10mm, but i also bought 15mm that i might throw on there. I need to lower the rear more and take it for an alignment. Then i will decide if 15 is needed. I want 225s in the front and 255s in the rear

I go to kirkland, so one day we should meet up
I believe it was 260 from amazon with free shipping.

Noneed2Hate

Replaced valve cover gaskets since I was getting oil in the spark plug cylinders (you know... the thingies)
also did some minor valve adjustments throughout since some of my valve were loose and ticking with the car on. Exhaust side was good, majority of the Intake side was adjusted to .004in/102mm.

In progress

old gasket on the left, you can see how the oil was getting in. New on the right.