First time fixing a blown head gasket.

Chrisccespedes

Hey y'all. I'm new to the integra life and had some questions about my 1997 Acura integra. First of all I absolutely love my integra. Such a fun ride! So I recently just brought my car into a shop and had my mechanic diagnos the problem with my integra. It's a blown head gasket... I first noticed it about a long drive and stopped at a gas station, went to turn her back on and a cloud of whitish grey smoke came out of my muffler. So my question is will this be a tricky and costly repair if I change out my head gasket? Never done a repair on a car ever. I've done a lot of research and I'm pretty confident I can do this. Is there any tips y'all could help me with? Also I was told I could possibly have a cracked block. Will that be a difficult fix as well?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
cracked block = new motor.

I would probably not attempt to do this on my own if it was my first repair. If you mess up timing, you can cause damage to the head. Theres no real special tools required to do a head gasket, but IMO i would not do it on my own as a first repair.