DC 2" headers - Magnlaflow 2.25" cat

01TegLuv

So I just got my DC 4-1 headers for my gs, and the package was opened, so not sure if theres any gasket that come with them, i made some calls to see if they do. Anyway, wanted to ask you guys, these dc's have a 2" out let and I just got my cat from Magnlaflow thats 2.25" ill have to find 2.25" flanges to weld on to fit, 'cause its a universal with no flanges, weld yourself. or exchange for a 2" cat? they both supposed to pass emissions. but there'll be that mismatching of flanges or custom welded setup, which i can get done cheap. the type r cat is also same 2.25" size yet passes smog.

and where do these springs with bolts go? the springs are as long as the bolt, short of the threading though so not sure what its supposed to cushion or resist, they go behind the flanges? on any side?

i have a 2" bosal donut gasket that fits perfectly on the dc headers or a 2.25" black graphite obx racing donut dasket that would fit the 2.25" cat and flange, but still sit with some slack on the dc headers. as well as looking for those flanges and welding them on

advice welcomed and appreciated

JGvtec

You should have 2 gaskets that come with it. One that goes on the front of the block and the donut gasket for the outlet which attaches to the cat. For the springs you are talking about You put the bolts through the two holes then put the springs>washer>nut

It keeps tension on the bolt so it won't move around. It sometimes depends on the springs though. When i did my header i had to cut the springs down a bit so i could get the nut on.

01TegLuv

You should have 2 gaskets that come with it. One that goes on the front of the block and the donut gasket for the outlet which attaches to the cat. For the springs you are talking about You put the bolts through the two holes then put the springs>washer>nut

It keeps tension on the bolt so it won't move around. It sometimes depends on the springs though. When i did my header i had to cut the springs down a bit so i could get the nut on.
The headers dont come with gaskets from DC. You have to get them yourself, but not a problem as I can either reuse the gaskets I have on already or get a new gasket for the head for like 15beans at autozone, and I already have the donut gasket that goes in between the headers and cat. I just need the right flanges that fit since I will have to weld them on to the new cat and not sure if a 2.25" flange, slightly larger, will fit over the 2" donut gasket. and i cant find a 2" 2bolt exhaust flange anywhere on amazon or ebay. the only ones I can find are 2.25" and up. that is my question..

and yea just not whch side the springs go, i think i seen a video with them on the cat side behind its flange. although not sure whats the purpose if you cant just bolt the flanges together tightly. and the bolts i order wont fit through the bolts flanges, theyre too thick:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Walker-Exhaust-Flange-Bolt-Spring/2001-Acura-Integra/_/N-jg05lZ8ik1v?counter=0&filterByKeyWord=spring+and+bolts&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=276320_0_1413_

i ordered these instead:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Dorman-Exhaust-Flange-Bolt-Spring/2001-Acura-Integra/_/N-jg05lZ8ik1v?counter=1&filterByKeyWord=spring+and+bolts&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=102930_179014_2826_

please let me know if they're the right ones anyone.

mjones73

Header, you only have one...

Personally I'd worry about your bad head gasket before you even bother with the exhaust... Or replace it while you're doing the header also since you need to separate the exhaust manifold from the head anyway...

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
Take your car to an exhaust shop and say "please install these shiney new parts I bought". There comes a time when you must realize you are beyond your capabilities. You are there. You bought stuff that you have no clue what to do with and you are now in over your head. If someone else is able to guide you through this, kudos to them.

Last edited:

01TegLuv

Nah man, not at all. dont try to troll me lol I did my research I know what i bought, direct fit dc headers and donut gasket, fel pro gaskets, spring and bolt kit. the headers i have on now arent installed improperly due to mal-fitting design, some cheap onestopshop no name headers for jdm design motor, it doesnt fit to the bracket behind the oil pan. so thats what i was going to fix originally.

this head gasket problem, i'm having it fixed right now. dropped it off at the shop, they're going to take it to a machine shop if the head is warped and replace the head gasket. along with the coolant and oil leak. hoses. i have to wait three days though. and i already have all my exhaust pieces and wanted to install them on while thats getting done. but i got a new cat thats universal and im waiting to receive my flanges in the mail to see if they fit properly to the header outlet thats 2". I may not install it myself, but i know whats being installed, i only get the parts myself and pay someone to do the dirtywork.

01TegLuv

just the header install part, 'except for finding the correct flanges for the cat. the head gasket leak is another story. i saw white smoke coming out too, so must be a coolant leak also..no?

01TegLuv

hey screw you guys man, im trying to find advice for my header/cat issue and you guys post no help but dumb comments. i only need to know where I can find a 2" two bolt donut flange to weld onto the cat, and thats it, I know what i need now, but can't find it. thanks!

SexySSBP

Kwicherbichen
hey screw you guys man, im trying to find advice for my header/cat issue and you guys post no help but dumb comments. i only need to know where I can find a 2" two bolt donut flange to weld onto the cat, and thats it, I know what i need now, but can't find it. thanks!
Eh?? I hadn't said anything since you last posted. Anywho...here is my answer. I do not know. If i was looking for myself, here is what I would do. I would first start searching websites that cater to custom exhaust. If i could not find anything, which I find highly unlikely, I would take the parts to an exhaust shop and ask them for help, where to look, what to buy etc... Good luck in your quest.

01TegLuv

Eh?? I hadn't said anything since you last posted. Anywho...here is my answer. I do not know. If i was looking for myself, here is what I would do. I would first start searching websites that cater to custom exhaust. If i could not find anything, which I find highly unlikely, I would take the parts to an exhaust shop and ask them for help, where to look, what to buy etc... Good luck in your quest.
lol its kool bro. dont worry bout it. trust me i have searched online everywhere, like i said i cant find it. most flanges offered are like for jdm 2.5" applications, the smallest i could find is 2.25" which would fit my cat but not sure if it would fit the header outlet and 2" donut, if it does im good. ill try visiting the exhaust shop since they also do welding for me, but i always have to provide the parts. thats why im doing a search first. if they have it, im lucky. but this 2" two bolt donut flange is nowhere to be found online, unless i have a voodoo curse on my search engines. n thanks