Valve cover install hondabond or not?!?!

dlo253

oreillys wont have an oem gasket, gotta go to the dealership.
if you get the whole kit they usually come with spark plug seals also.. just make sure you ask....

Jhamm3113

Will oreillys have something close enough to oem spec that I could use? Balling on a budget here. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jhamm3113

I'm talking about the rubber gasket though. Not the rtv style stuff, hondabond, permatex or whichever suits the individual's preference.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
Use felpro, no sense in wasting money on an oem valve cover gasket kit.

Felpro is the best cheap brand out there, when it comes to headgaskets and more important seals. Buy oem.

If your scared it's going to leak, line it with some RTV silicone gasket maker or the like.

Be warned, looks sloppy as fuck.

If you don't wear gloves it'll stay in your skin for days and look like your carrying herps.

Muckman

Not a M0derator
I used a Felpro VC gasket once. I cut 1/2" out of the gasket and super glued the ends back together because it was so loose.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
I used a Felpro VC gasket once. I cut 1/2" out of the gasket and super glued the ends back together because it was so loose.
Really? Haha.

I just dabbed some gasket maker on into the groove of the valve cover and the gasket stuck in there for an easy install.

It is quite loose though. Without the RTV I wouldn't of been able to install it without dropping the gasket 20 times.

Jhamm3113

You guys are awesome. About to go on lunch and pick one up. Appreciate all the advice.

osiris19

OEM gasket is $12, and the grommets are like 3-5.. What are you saving, like $1-3? Stop being cheap and buy OEM

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

dlo253

Yeah, same here Muckman... After my last build I decided I will never buy another fail pro gasket for a Honda.

Thanks osiris, beat me to it... The difference in cost is so insignificant.. Unless the dealership is like 50 miles away lol.

DonJulio

Reppin' tha NW
OEM gasket is $12, and the grommets are like 3-5.. What are you saving, like $1-3? Stop being cheap and buy OEM

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
My stealer ship charges $50 for valve cover gasket and felpro hasn't let me down yet.

osiris19

dlo253

Holy shit dude what stealership is that? I thought hinshaws was bad. Those pricks charged me 20 for a damn tube of hondabond. Peoria had it for $9 but couldnt wait lol.