Fuel pressure regulator or fuel rail?

Baldy201

the stock fuel rail can handle up to 250-300 hp. so there is no need to upgrade that unless you are going turbo. Like said above what other mods do you have?

Nd4sped

If you get a FPR its a good measure to get a fuel pump also...If you plan on beefing up Fuel Pressure your gonna want to be able to supports the feul needs. Otherwise you may max out the stock fuel pumps perameters at high rpm and cause a lean condition which can cause detonation.

Baldy201

FPR is not nessary for those mods. If you do cams or internals or both then yea a FPR would be recomended.

Nd4sped

I recommend getting a FPR and FP if you deside to get a APEXi V-AFC or some type of controller.

hadjie85

i have a honda and acura performance handbook i bought down at barnes and nobles... it says that with a hot ignition and performance headers installed, there wasnt enough gasses left over in the cylinder to cool everything down and it melted the plugs. in his case, the problem wasnt the headers, cuz honda cpus can handle leaner mixtures of air and fuel, but it was really the ignition system, cuz it was so darn efficient that it burned ALL the gas.

now he says that you should address the lean problem before you get too far along adding performance parts. your plugs are going to show the signs of detonation or a hot engine before anything else. this guy in the book said the best way to handle the lean prob is to install bigger injectors OR improve flow thru the intake system (ie a new throttle body and intake manifold).

i know all that poo is confusing, so let me just tell you that i have a cat-back exhaust, air intake, and headers and i dont have anything to regulate my fuel or increase the amount of fuel headin into the engine. my car runs good and the plugs look fine. so i dont think that you need to worry about the fuel. tackle it a little later.

Nd4sped

hadjie85 said:
i have a honda and acura performance handbook i bought down at barnes and nobles... it says that with a hot ignition and performance headers installed, there wasnt enough gasses left over in the cylinder to cool everything down and it melted the plugs. in his case, the problem wasnt the headers, cuz honda cpus can handle leaner mixtures of air and fuel, but it was really the ignition system, cuz it was so darn efficient that it burned ALL the gas.

now he says that you should address the lean problem before you get too far along adding performance parts. your plugs are going to show the signs of detonation or a hot engine before anything else. this guy in the book said the best way to handle the lean prob is to install bigger injectors OR improve flow thru the intake system (ie a new throttle body and intake manifold).

i know all that poo is confusing, so let me just tell you that i have a cat-back exhaust, air intake, and headers and i dont have anything to regulate my fuel or increase the amount of fuel headin into the engine. my car runs good and the plugs look fine. so i dont think that you need to worry about the fuel. tackle it a little later.
To address spark plug issues....Go with Denso Iridium plugs...$11-$13 a pop but worth it. Injectors arent necassary until you decide to drop in pistons really...Or any kind of boost.

To handle a lean issue would not to add more air either....That will make it worse unless you can compesate with fuel.

95teg

i also have headers... but that doesnt matter.. ok thanks for the info..
what something else i should add.. i need a better 1/4 time.. 15.4 is my best... and my numbera arent bad.. i think +.098 light and a 2.4XX 60 ft.? any ideas / suggestions