delete ecu code?

jdmb18da9

all go!! no show!!!
does anyone know how to erase the ecu codes so that the check light will stop showing? im throwing codes 7 15 17, and i have to do emissions and i need the lights to be off while doing so

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
does anyone know how to erase the ecu codes so that the check light will stop showing? im throwing codes 7 15 17, and i have to do emissions and i need the lights to be off while doing so
Fixing the problems will make it go away

If you are throwing trouble codes, then it will not pass. If you reset the ECU, it will also not pass. They can tell if you reset it right before you go

jdmb18da9

all go!! no show!!!
but the codes have nothing to do with emissions tho, i dont think, vehicle speed sensor and ignition output?

dc2GS-R

Super Moderator
but the codes have nothing to do with emissions tho, i dont think, vehicle speed sensor and ignition output?
Does the speedometer work? The car won't pass visual inspection without a speedo

The TPS and ignition also can effect emissions

Last edited:

jdmb18da9

all go!! no show!!!
yes my speedo works, and as we speak im putting on a new tps, and do you know what it means about ignition? is that my distributor?

jdmb18da9

all go!! no show!!!
ok so i replaced my TB and TPS sensor and my check light stopped comming on, and since i replaced my TB when i turn my car off, my intake doesnt make this suction noise anymore, is that normal?