What is a poor man's Type R

daf

Its a little more then that. thats more of a LSvtec.

What you need for a poor man's type R

B18 block
P73 Pistons (optional, but best choice)
Vtec Head (B16, or B18c R(5) are the best)
Type R cams
P73 ECU (which I am sellling...damn 50 post minimum, lol)

Cheapest route is B18B block, B16a head, Type R cams, and the ECU.
________
korean girl Cams

Last edited:

Ominous G2

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐
If you go with an LS block it's not a poor mans ITR, its LS/Vtec. The B18C1 block is the correct way to do the poor mans ITR. Vtec head should be the PR3 from the B16 and ITR, not the P72 GSR head.

Go with the JDM P73-00 pistons, not the P73-A0 USDM ITR pistons. Will be about a .5 difference in compression. If you want even higher compression get the P30 CTR pistons, should be about .2 higher then the JDM ITR pistons.

salvadorrivas13

im thinking is a v-tech block except ITR. with ITR or CTR pistons only, ITR or CTR camshafts only, and B16 head since it is almost adentical. and ITR or CTR ecu. But i just want to know cuz theres alot of people doing there own Poor man's ITR. I guess every one has its own way i dont know.....:)
Any one else got a Poor man's ITR meening????? I would like to know? thnx

daf

If you go with an LS block it's not a poor mans ITR, its LS/Vtec. The B18C1 block is the correct way to do the poor mans ITR. Vtec head should be the PR3 from the B16 and ITR, not the P72 GSR head.

Go with the JDM P73-00 pistons, not the P73-A0 USDM ITR pistons. Will be about a .5 difference in compression. If you want even higher compression get the P30 CTR pistons, should be about .2 higher then the JDM ITR pistons.
Only diff between LS, GSR, and Type R bottom end is pistons, crank, and rods. blocks are the same.
________
Vapir No2

Last edited:

patrick4588

Integra God

make sure to use a 87.2mm crank

89y49rexsi

this thread is full of win i have also seen it done with an ls block ctr head with pr3 pistons and it was sick lol