top speed?

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
Twisty road runs are much more dangerous. Any minor slip up running hard through a fast, off camber corner can get very serious, very quick! Driving fast down a straight flat road doesn't require much thought
I agree completly

91integraracer

Im lovin it
since u guys were talking about long gears earlier, so i have a question(mainly for u second gens) when u r at about 60 where are ur rpms?? mine are at about 3 give or take a few notches. i just got the car so could it be that it has shorter gears than normal??

Mister_Perkins

Oil Field Worker
I've gotten my car to 130, then my buddy behind me smoked a deer and I havent gone that fast after that. lol. Hes alright though. I passed him and he was driving a 97 civic hatch with bodykit

irocktheda9

The speedo on 2g's stop at 150mph(after the 140 there are 4 lines). Look closely at your cluster when you guys get a chance.
Anyways, i got my car to 140mph. It took some time but I got it there, only thing that scared me was hwy patrol.

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
i just looked and mine only has 1 line after 140...

you know the RSX gauge cluster goes to 160? it might go higher but i have a pic of my friends cluster in his K swaped CRX with RSX dash

Greenbling

Just thought I would post a pic of the speedo... so there is no more questioning... this is a GSR cluster.

And technically... If there is only 4 small marks after 140 then the highest the speedo is marked for is 148

Last edited:

Ericb

DRIFTERRRRRRRRRRR
i have two clusters, one from my LS-S and one from a GS, neither have the extra lines. i want a GSR cluster. i like it, 8K + the extra lines!

end005

150 in the 06 TL, 6spd, realized it was stupid, slowed down.
maxed out my gsr powered ef sedan at 117 (jdm ys1 tranny from first gen b16), got up to speed real fast but was it was like hitting a brick wall.
my brother's ek hatch wouldn't go past 110..it took too long so I gave up(manual)
took my sister in law's 96 civic coupe, auto, to 115 down a slope.