tune up help

da9kiddo

my da needs a tune up already but i wanna save money and do it my self what parts do i need and what do i need to do to her to make her run better?

pepsilude

when i first got my teg, i replaced the spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, oil change, oil filter, air filter, and replaced all my belts.

amaestre32

yeah thats pretty much all you need to do on a typical tune up really, and its all pretty cheap if you do it yourself, just check your fluids and clean everything up pretty much.

pepsilude

^^^ oh yea, washing your engine is not a bad idea either.

pepsilude

is replacing all the belts difficult or no?
i took my car to a shop cause its a lot of work. but if you do plan on changing the timing belt, might as well get a new water pump. you'll save yourself a lot of money if that were to go bad. how many miles are on your DA and do you know when the timing belt was last changed

da9kiddo

damn ummm i have to double check how many miles are on it its alot tho but no i dont know when the timming belt was last changed but ive had the car for like im guessing 4 months already.

ropeadope14

everything else is relitvly simple and you can do yourself but if you are not confident enough its best to get a proffesional to do it. nothin worse than messing up your car lol but if you do it yourself the belts are best left to shops, they are pretty tricky and most lickly need tensioning.

maq

replacing belts is easy. Loosen the AC tensioner from the top of your car, and alternator. Same thing with your power steering pump. Shouldn't take you any longer than half-hour.