new with a problem

Cyd

hey guys im new to the whole honda thing. i own an 80 corolla but my girlfriend has a 91 da ls. we were driving it the other day in the rain and the windshield wipers went clear past the windows edge(i could see it out my drivers side window) not sure what caused it but we parked it and went to drive it home and the wipers stopped working all together.checked the fuses and everything is fine. another problem im having is getting the alt out do i really have to take out the half shaft??? thanks in advance

jdmjim

nothing from nowhere
welcome,sounds like your wiper linkage came off.you gonna have to pull off the cowl cover & see what happened.if u take off the master cylinder and alt bracket it should come out up top.

tilegend

lol.... for a second i thought you were taking out the half shaft to replace the wipers...lol

anyways for the alternator... the 3 bolts that hold the half shaft to the engine block.. remove those 3 bolts... flip the bracket down... and now you should have more room to play and remove the alternator... it might take some twisting and whatnot but it should come out. with this method i removed it in no time.

and btw there is not reason why you should need to take out the master cylinder... i would never do that just to take out an alternator

exact thread i followed to take out the alternator:
http://www.g2ic.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153616

as far as the wiper goes... you might have to check your linkage that is under the cowl, most likely they popped off because its a ball & socket linkage.

Last edited: