CAMS interchange

tilegend

VOCAB FOR THE DAY: LSA, also known as lobe separation angle. By manipulating this angle, you can advance or retard intake and exhaust and effectively shift... or MANIPULATE...MANIPULATE...(yea thats for you) MANIPULATE.... the power curve... and increase the crank compression. Retardation of the angles would be in the opposite direction of the crankshaft.

Now, by overlapping (not too much, your shit ass engines will knock guys) the lobes, you can SHIFT OR MANIPULATE THE power curve UP.

Why is that good? Our 1.8L LOVE to get pushed and if your going ALL MOTOR NON VTECH like moi, its good to tune my shit to have power from 4000-7300 and THATS IT, i dont need/want to rev higher...
you just contradicted yourself with that whole statement. congratulations on learning how to read, now go back and actually LEARN the material.

U DRIVE A DB? Maybe u should brush up on the FACTORY SPECS... 110lbs of torque... really? you just lost all credibility... its 126/lbs STOCK SON. im not stock either. but okkaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
110ft/lbs is to the wheel on a stock LS.

how much does your megan header add?

but wait... how much does your 3" exhaust take away?

red98teg

Keep on Truckin
[/QUOTE]
but wait... how much does your 3" exhaust take away?[/QUOTE]

:lol: yeah im sure he makes MADDD amounts of torque without any back pressure

U DRIVE A DB? Maybe u should brush up on the FACTORY SPECS... 110lbs of torque... really? you just lost all credibility... its 126/lbs STOCK SON. im not stock either. but okkaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Yes, I have 2 DB's actually.
Well, 110 was just an estimate, referring to wheel horse power. I don't care what's at the flywheel, apparently you do, noob....and I was being generous too. If you take into account drivetrain loss, and the fact that you have a 16 year old motor, it's not going to make that 126 ft/lbs you are so happy about. You should realize that your motor isn't going to perform to factory specs now.
If anyone lost credibility it was you when you said that your DB pulls on people because of your perceived massive torque.
I lost all credibility for taking those factors into account? I'm devastated that an automotive mind such as yours has deemed me less than credible. You're not stock? What exactly is this magical set up you have that pwns all others(or so you seem to think)?

Also, thanks for the vocab lesson. Lobe separation angle, I had never heard that term before.:roll:
Here at Club Integra, we frown on plagiarism, so next time you copy and paste from Wikipedia or some other web page you found by searching with Google, CITE IT!!!

*Side note-I am anxious to see the pwnage that our resident G2 Guru is going to hand out once he actually chimes in on this thread. I see pwnage of the most epic proportions*

Last edited:

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
O SHIT OH SHIT O SHIT O SHIT O SHIT O SHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT

O SHIT OH SHIT O SHIT O SHIT O SHIT O SHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT OSHIT

What i miss?

93tegger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg... my day just go SOO much better
you can shit on any honda huh... ok... line up next to a stock dc2 and see how you do... or i dunno a DC5. hell i wanna se a video of you lining up to a BASE dc5... let alone a type-s. hondas dont make torque... its as simple as that... thats the reason our cars rev so high. is because we can make bigh power numbers with our engines turning faster... if you rso confident try lining up to an NSX... man your a fucking dumb ass.. and maybe if you didnt smoke so much of that "dank" you might be able to realize that... now put your cheap ass baby blunt down(cause if your really smoking afghani kush then im sure you cant afford too much of it seeing as how you cant afford cams) and sober your dumb ass up. can we ban this stupid mother fucker? we dont need a bad rap cause of a fucking dumb ass pot head...

e-rager!! love how nobody has anything to say about the facts anymore...

now, quit the personal attacks and learn the facts and just becaue your teg doesnt pull for shit, doesnt mean you have to hate

93tegger

Yes, I have 2 DB's actually.
Well, 110 was just an estimate, referring to wheel horse power. I don't care what's at the flywheel, apparently you do, noob....and I was being generous too. If you take into account drivetrain loss, and the fact that you have a 16 year old motor, it's not going to make that 126 ft/lbs you are so happy about. You should realize that your motor isn't going to perform to factory specs now.
If anyone lost credibility it was you when you said that your DB pulls on people because of your perceived massive torque.
I lost all credibility for taking those factors into account? I'm devastated that an automotive mind such as yours has deemed me less than credible. You're not stock? What exactly is this magical set up you have that pwns all others(or so you seem to think)?

Also, thanks for the vocab lesson. Lobe separation angle, I had never heard that term before.:roll:
Here at Club Integra, we frown on plagiarism, so next time you copy and paste from Wikipedia or some other web page you found by searching with Google, CITE IT!!!

*Side note-I am anxious to see the pwnage that our resident G2 Guru is going to hand out once he actually chimes in on this thread. I see pwnage of the most epic proportions*
"Well, 110 was just an estimate, "............. if you wanna estimate, go estimate how much you would get destroyed in a time trial from downtown san jose to santa cruz beach through HWY 17.... you would need a roll cage jus trying to keep up safely. If you think my shits is so hoot.. ill jus post pics soon..... but dont e rage please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now, quit the personal attacks and learn the facts and just becaue your teg doesnt pull for shit, doesnt mean you have to hate
The facts are as follows:
You're a moron, and if you're car was half as fast as you think it is it would be an IRL car.:roll:
You absolutely, positively fail at making valid points. As well as punctuation, grammar, and spelling. You are a prime example of the failing quality of the American public school system.

cabezzzdb8

BBS wanted
"Well, 110 was just an estimate, "............. if you wanna estimate, go estimate how much you would get destroyed in a time trial from downtown san jose to santa cruz beach through HWY 17.... you would need a roll cage jus trying to keep up safely. If you think my shits is so hoot.. ill jus post pics soon..... but dont e rage please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REALLY BRO JUST
GET TH FUCK OUT

93tegger

oh and jus top it off son, my friend is an auto mechanic, licensed, and does all the work on my car for free... i know that must hurt your feelings... you probably get charged out the ass... but my point is...

he has a 2002 VW VR6 with basic boltons and my car PULLS On his from 2-4 gear... hmm.... what was that about me losing power with my 3" exhaust... any dyno numbers to prove your ricer claim? just because everyone copies everyone else and says " you can only go 2.5" are trhe same people that say, "dude, hondas arent made to pull"

Learn how to drive your honda, please, or just bring it to a junk yard so I can part it.

oh and jus top it off son, my friend is an auto mechanic, licensed, and does all the work on my car for free... i know that must hurt your feelings... you probably get charged out the ass... but my point is...

he has a 2002 VW VR6 with basic boltons and my car PULLS On his from 2-4 gear... hmm.... what was that about me losing power with my 3" exhaust... any dyno numbers to prove your ricer claim? just because everyone copies everyone else and says " you can only go 2.5" are trhe same people that say, "dude, hondas arent made to pull"

Learn how to drive your honda, please, or just bring it to a junk yard so I can part it.
You act like you're buddy is the only auto mechanic around. There are a few here at CI who are mechanics as well as some Mechanical Engineering majors.
Also, if you pull on him that bad, you're buddy can't drive.
Why are you bragging about someone else doing all the work for free? Maybe you shouldn't talk shit until you do it yourself.
No one said you can only go 2.5". The point that was being made was that the 2.5" is going to give better results for an N/A car.
You calling us "ricer" is the pot calling the kettle black. You list A/C and P/S delete as upgrades in your signature, as well as your knock off wheels. You have a 3 inch exhaust on an N/A LS, you're "slammed" 2.5 inches lower than stock. All you lack is a 3 foot tall aluminum wing bolted to the trunk.
I really worry that the next post you make will have the statement, "I live my life a quarter mile at a time" in it somewhere.
For the sake of all CI members, leave this site and return to the forum of 18" wheels, painted interiors, and flashing under body neon lights you came from. You area tool who is emitting waves of stupid and lowering the quality of CI.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
HA this guy is a fucking joke. He doesn't even do his own work and quotes wikipedia?

Dude you are a fucking moron. You think statically advancing timing on your stock LS cams will give you ANY result except fucking up your timing? Have fun with that.

You fail to realize that half of us on this forum are either current Mechanical Engineering students or degree-holding engineers.

BigMac88

Fat guy in a little 'teg
^Lol. The MOST I've heard of cam gears gaining is 9 whp on a GSR w/ Type R cams. That's including a tune and PROPER supporting mods, not a 3" exhaust on an N/A application. If you're looking for torque, that 3" is probably killing your curve.

Last edited: