Hytech Headers CARB LEGAL?? WHAA?

Daybid

Dump or Die.
So.. Since hytech is like one of top performance headers.. it makes sense that its not carb legal.. WHAT IF I TOLD YOU... that a Comptech (high trusted carb legal) plate off Comptech headers was welded onto the HYTECH headers???

How rare do you guys think this is??
How much do you think it would be worth if sold??
Would anyone be interested in this?

TegSox

Super Duper Moderator
I have a Hytech header, and there's no CARB badge on it. I don't know if it's CARB legal, because in New Hampshire it doesn't matter.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
So.. Since hytech is like one of top performance headers.. it makes sense that its not carb legal.. WHAT IF I TOLD YOU... that a Comptech (high trusted carb legal) plate off Comptech headers was welded onto the HYTECH headers???

How rare do you guys think this is??
How much do you think it would be worth if sold??
Would anyone be interested in this?
people would buy it...
but.......this has been done before many times...people take dc carb plates and reweld them to other headers ALL the time. go to meets they pass out carb stickers and carb plates for cheap. But if a cop was to be nit picky with your stuff, they will run the serial number on your plate and check to see if its a comptech one. OR send you to ref because they think its fake. either way....

arb.ca.gov

Last edited:

Daybid

Dump or Die.
VERY interesting... ill take a pic and show you guys once i get them !! but how much do you think they would run for.. maybe extra because its a Comptech badge instead of DC?

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
VERY interesting... ill take a pic and show you guys once i get them !! but how much do you think they would run for.. maybe extra because its a Comptech badge instead of DC?
nope its just going to be a hytech header with a carb sticker thats it nothing more nothing less i say 2-300 cause in CA all you care about is CARB not the brand. all carb is the same

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
sponsors sell them CHEAP here AE motoring i think is like 300ish-400 ish

unless its the real one in which case i would say 800+ no dents

JDMxDB8

Raceline USA
Even if you welded the CARB badge to the HyTech header, it still wouldn't pass as being CARB legal.

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
Shouldn't you get fined for doing that?
yes, i believe you do. If it goes past law enforcement ARB will have your ass. I work in the EPA building for the water board of CA, and i believe ARB has similar fines to ours which include a $1000 a day for failure to pay a fine/invoice

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
i wish i was in AZ no smog in some counties, but about the fines most likely you will be given a ticket to see BAR which is our inspection people. If they catch your car on the street when you have a BAR ticket thats a big no no since i believe your car is deemed unsafe for the streets. either way if you go to BAR its a $40 fee if you pass up to who knows