new here with a DA9

DA9B18

sup, im new to the honda scene, although i did have a 5 speed 95 f22 prelude at one time......i sold it and i regret it so i just picked up a really clean 1990 Integra LS with a 98 B18b1 swap.....not for sure on the year of the motor due to the obd0-0bd? thing. Im waiting on the title to get here since it was lost by the previous owner.

my first priority is to get the auto tranny out and a 5 speed in.........

so i went to my local pull it yard and picked up this:
Manual gauge cluster
complete pedal assembly
clutch cable
manual halfshaft
manual console with shiftboot
complete shifter assembly
manual ecu.....although i dont know if i need a diff one since it came out of a 91 and my cars a 90????????
i didnt get the tranny because i want one out of a b16 car, i think its a s1? or s80?

also picked up a set of Tokico HP blue struts with Neuspeed sport springs.....part number 55.20.15f and 55.20.20r.

ill get pics as soon as i can, ive been doin alot of searching and i cant wait to get started on the moding of my car.

DA9B18

thanks for the welcomes. i need to get pics soon and join the da squad!

DumaDa9

the cable b16 transmissions have alot of different codes, just be careful what you buy, get a bill of sale or test drive the transmission first before you buy just to ensure it has short gears

DA9B18

south misssissppi right on the water....about 20 minutes from Mobile Alabama

im gettin some pics of my parts i picked up today now

DA9B18

well after waiting for the title to come in i finally got to pick up my car.....

a little issue is that after driving for a few min the check engine light comes on and then S3 light on the dash starts constanly blinking.
it shifts fine but the light and cel is annoying, looking around under the hood i found a sensor right on top of the intake manifold is not pluged in, but i didnt look around for the wires and plug so it might be there, but this motor came out of a ob2 car and mine is a 1990 so im not sure about the wiring differences.

anyhelp is apprieciated and im gona try to get pics tommorow.

Last edited:

DA9B18

ive searched several sites and found no info, does anyone have an idea on what it is?
im new to hondas so anything i can learn is a help.

i read how to read ecu codes by the red light on it. well i looked under the dash by the peddles and theres the auto tranny control box thing and it has a red light blinking on it, is there codes for the tranny part of the ecu?
thanks

DA9B18

so i went and looked at the transmision computer by the pedals and its flashing code 9.

is there a fix to this? im going to 5 speed swap the car but id like to get this fixed for time being so i can enjoy driving my new car.