new here with a DA9

DA9B18

i found a complete 90 model rs with all those parts on it at barrys,i went just to look and see what they had at like 5pm when they were bout to close and then the next i brought my tools at like 10am and there were allready parts missing so i striped the whole car of its goods. it had some password jdm stickers on it and was like a teal grean of some sort.
im going to go by TDC and see if i can get a b16 tranny or gsr tranny to complete my 5 speed swap parts.

sportsma1539

Do they sell stuff like that at tdc? I need to go by there and check it out. I wouldn't mind getting a b16 cable tranny myself. Are you talking about barry's u-pull it off of 1-10? You think anything is left on it?

DA9B18

I think maybe tdc would have a few trannys there or if not they might know were to find one? its worth a shot to ride by and see. yep right in tilmans cornor is where i got the parts. if anyone from the bayou found that car, its probly striped now. im thinkin bout ridin over there tommorow if ther open to see if they got a few pieces and maybe search for a b16 tranny. that was the only da9 they had out there when i went. i hope they get more.
what kind of car you have?

sportsma1539

I got a 92 da. Yea Ive never had any luck finding any da's at junk yards around here. Thats why i was shocked to hear that you found one. Were they cheap on parts? I always thought TDC was a tuning place but I'm not really sure.

DA9B18

yea i got all those parts in the picture and a fender for like 280...not bad. the struts is what made it so expensive there like 25 a piece. yea tdc does tuning but they also do engine builds and chassis work. turbo kits and all that good stuff.

DA9B18

just got some pics while the rain slacked off, ill get better ones once its washed.

and i have no clue what brand the wheels are, they have a letter A and a star on them with some cursive writing on them. there 17s, id like to find some 16s

they car has a b18b1 from a 98 (thats what i was told, im not sure what year it really is from)
drilled and slotted rotors
tokico red springs
dc sports header with no cats and a god awful sounding muffler (im looking for a good muffler if anyone has something like the hks hi power)
ugly tails (also looking for a set of oems)
some one piece headlights (need to be polished up but dont look bad)
shitty short ram intake (also looking for a cold air if anyone has one)

Last edited:

DA9B18

yea i hate them, im goin back to the pull a part to see if theres a oem set out there.
theres a few minor dings that need to be fixed and im thinking about matte blacking the hood, roof, and hatch???

916LSpinoy

The JDM Pinoy
Looks OK so far....Get rid of those Rims, Tail Lights, and Head Lights....You could also use a drop...other than that...keep up the work...

DA9B18

Looks OK so far....Get rid of those Rims, Tail Lights, and Head Lights....You could also use a drop...other than that...keep up the work...
i got some tokico struts and neuspeed springs im going to put on, i want a set of 16s, tail lights are definantly going to get changed to some oems, but the headlights dont look too bad on the car and i dont want to spend a whole lot since this is just going to be a daily driver.

some more pics
bride wheel....at least 20 horsepower right? lol

underhood before cleaning it up

is this a skunk2 intake, i found a sticker under the hood with a carb. number and it says this vehicle equiped with a skunk2 intake manifold.....dadadada.

bradster101

I think that it would look good if you painted the hood, roof, and hatch black as long as you had some black rims..... Do you have pix of the clean bay?

DA9B18

no i havnt finished cleaning the bay, it started pouring rain and i want to paint my valve cover. im also deleting power steering,cruise and ac.

im lookin for a set of black or gunmetal 16s. even some stocks i could paint to match, like i did my SS Silverado wheels.....

DA9B18

Where at in pascagoula do you live? How much drop are you getting from those springs currently?
off of ingalls ave. I havnt put on the tokico and neuspeed springs on yet, but there are a set of tokico red springs on the car now....id guess it was about a inch or inch and half of drop.