new here with a DA9

sportsma1539

Would you be interested in selling me your old struts and springs? My car has 320,000 miles on it and the springs and struts are wore out so I wouldn't mind getting a small drop out of it at the same time. Or maybe even trade a little labor for those springs. lol

DA9B18

Would you be interested in selling me your old struts and springs? My car has 320,000 miles on it and the springs and struts are wore out so I wouldn't mind getting a small drop out of it at the same time. Or maybe even trade a little labor for those springs. lol
dang the struts and springs are already spoken for, my best friends sister has a teg that is in bad need of some too so shes getten them. sorry man.

sportsma1539

man that sucks. Which fender did you get at the junk yard? What kind of shape was the other fender in? Did that car at the junk yard have cruise control?

DA9B18

i got the driver side fender, it was for my friends car. the car was perfect shape cept for the bumper and driver side headlight (they were jdm one pieces) i dont think it had cruise but i cant remember.

User Name:

Shake those Titties!
man that sucks. Which fender did you get at the junk yard? What kind of shape was the other fender in? Did that car at the junk yard have cruise control?

You lookin for cruise control?

And goodluck with the car, And yes that bride wheel will give you atleast 20 horse. lol.

DA9B18

i knew it had to be atleast 20 hp! i found a bunch of stickers underthehood so its prolly got like 60-80 more horsepower in stick ons yo! (this is a inside ricer joke that goes way back)

ha thanks for the comment

sportsma1539

You lookin for cruise control?

And goodluck with the car, And yes that bride wheel will give you atleast 20 horse. lol.
I already have cruise control but I'm looking for a specific part for cruise. Im looking for the part behind the steering wheel that you plug the horn and cruise into from the steering wheel.

DA9B18

ok so i need some new wheels and tires bad......i dont have alot of cash to spend since im puttin most of my money into the 5 speed swap and getting a new exaust and intake.

so what wheels should i go with?
im thinking some rota slips or grids in flat black. open to more sugestions but id like to keep wheels under about 500-550 for a set.

DA9B18

how will 38mm offset rota grids look? ive looked at some pics but cant really find any da9s with the grids?
i need wheels and tires before i can drive this thing very far.

im also calling about a jdm b16 tranny today!

DA9B18

one more question....
when i do my 5 speed swap what year clutch and flywheel should i use since i have a 98 model motor but using a cable tranny?

sportsma1539

It depends on which transmission you use. I know the 90-91ls tranny's use a different clutch disc than the 92-93 ls tranny's. Same deal if you get a b16 cable tranny. You would use either a 90-91 clutch or 92-93 clutch disc depending on the year of the b16 cable tranny. I think all flywheels are the same.

DA9B18

yep your correct....talked to TDC today. i just get a flywheel for a 98 since thats what my motor is and then a clutch for the jdm b16 tranny, i forgot the year. Yea im pretty sure im gona get that jdm b16 tranny.....does 400 sound good? it has no grinds or noises and no lsd.

sportsma1539

$400 aint bad. Where are you getting the tranny from? I'm probably getting a b16 tranny this week too. Watch out for people trying to scam you though... Its hard to tell the difference between the long geared ls trannys and the short geared b16 trannys because they have the same codes(s1, y1, ys1 ect). The guy I'm getting mine from is going to take my b18 tranny and $150 and is also going to let me install it first to make sure it is indeed a b16 tranny in good condition.