new here with a DA9

DA9B18

im getttn it from a guy that works at TDC....im pretty confident in him. i was thinkin about getting my swap done there since its better worth my money to have them do it then try doing it at my shop on my back. but instead im going to save that money and get a set of 16 inch rota grids and nitto tires

DA9B18

just made a order with password jdm for a wiper plug, hardened shift bushings, and a innovative a/t to 5 speed mount!

DA9B18

so how bout this shit...i wash my car and clean under the hood.

i figured id let it all dry before starting it so i wait about 25 min and go to crank it up, its running fine and then i go to put it in gear and it just sputters like on a 2 step and then backfired and died.
i try cranking it back up again and it just spins over and over.
so i check timing belt....it jumped time......so i put it back in time which sucks in the dark btw
check plugs and the cylinder closest to the distributor...im guessing 4? was oily, so i cleaned all the plugs and put them back in and fired it up and it sounds ok except that you have to hold your foot on the gas to keep it running and no matter how much gas you give it, it just has a really low idle....im guessing its a fuel related problelm??

please help!!!!

Last edited:

DA9B18

well its clean but now wont run lol but heres some clean pics of it....

DA9B18

Well its back alive. I recheked my timing and I had both cams advanced 2 teeth. I guess trying to do a timing belt at midnight is bad idea

I apreciate all advice givin

User Name:

Shake those Titties!
I already have cruise control but I'm looking for a specific part for cruise. Im looking for the part behind the steering wheel that you plug the horn and cruise into from the steering wheel.
I actuallu think i might have that. I'll see what i can dig up this weekend.

DA9B18

nice build man. really nice how your taking all that kinda ebay looking stuff off.
yea i cant stand those tail lights...the headlights are growing on me.
but my first thing is to get the 5 speed in.
im lookin around for some oem tails now and a set of 16s

sportsma1539

Hey man... Im probably going and looking at a 93 da today that is being parted out. But supposedly the car has been cut in half and just the front half of the car left. Let me know if you need anything and ill see if he has it

DA9B18

i need the little change pocket on the left side of the dash under the switches on the dash....and the driver kick panel, mines cracked. if its a manual car, i also need the shifter bar with the bitch pin.

DA9B18

did a quick wire tuck earlier....still havnt done the fuse box but its much better.

driver side done

didnt get pics of the pass side but here it is done....i still need to paint the valve cover, get new intake and relocate battery.

DA9B18

yea all i got is my blackberry camera...ill try and get some better pics with my buddys digital cam