Possible purchase.

meginfinity

Well, first off, I'm new to this site :) and.. I love Acuras, but who doesn't on this site? Haha.

Tomorrow I have an appointment to look at this car: http://lewiston.craigslist.org/cto/1870953810.html

(don't know if it's okay to send links or not.. hopefully it is.)

BUT, he's asking $1,500/OBO.. and depending on how it runs and how the interior looks, I'm thinking of offering $1,200.. do you think that's fair? It's a '91.. looks pretty clean. (lots of ricers around here).

My tranny just went out in my free car, ha.. so, now I need to buy a car.. and my budget is about $1,200.. student loans don't go very far.

I'll update tomorrow after I see the car. But any feedback, suggestions, opinions, or thoughts would be appreciated.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
doesnt look bad.

test drive, check for leaks, and see if its smoking out of the exhaust

take that crap off the back (if that gray thing is a sticker) and look for a different muffler. like a stock/OEM one. if youre not going to mod it, its a decent daily driver without that retarded exhaust.

and welcome!

Last edited:

JGvtec

Just amke sure you look for any flaws on the car. check the tires to see if they are worn down or have dry rotting. Check the oil. Smoker or non smoker. Just make sure everything is good and working. The mileage of the car?

meginfinity

It doesn't say how many miles it has on it. And I'm taking a guy with me, most likely.. that knows a little more about cars than I do. I mean, I'm not retarded.. but, there are things I might oversee that are important.

Yeah, I was thinking about dong a swap (not by myself, of course.. hah) - but, I really love VTECH.. EARGASM.. Mmmm.

I think it would be sexy with the following:
- vtech engine swap (don't know what to do yet? help?)
- 30% BLACK tint
- lip kit (non-ricer)
- white
- rota slipsteams (black)
- maybe some JDM headlights

Any other suggestions? (yeah, my hopes are up for this car) until I can get my dream car.. which would be an ITR, of course.

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
1) its vtec, not vtech like commonly spelled
2) for wheels, go flush w/a slam :thumbs up (check my recent pics in my thread to know what im talking about)
3) jdm 1 piece headlights would be nice

make sure you get a test drive for a few hours. when you take it, have your friend remove the valve cover to check the timing belt.

meginfinity

I have class tomorrow morning and I need to get to bed. But I'll keep you all updated, and if I buy the car on Monday (I know, the weekend is gonna drag) - I'm gonna need help with the modification process. Anyone want to volunteer to help me? ;)

meginfinity

I shoulda known vtec didn't have an "h" in it. My ex would slap me for spelling that wrong (not literally, of course).

I hope this car doesn't turn out to be total a POS.. I'm looking forward to having a project car (mod/appearance-wise).

ixcocoyxi

RS owner
oh! also, you dont need a lip kit for the DA, a front lip would be fine :thumbs up

good luck! and more pics when you see it!

Prozon

Kris
Did you get it? You mentioned checking it out Monday. Anyways whenever someone puts "OBO" you can always offer less. "Or Best Offer" is an invite to offer less haha.

j13

Keep It Clean
Looks good. Make sure their isn't any smoke coming out the exhaust, or no engine tapping, knocking, ect.

If you like it, sleep on it. Me personaly..I don't buy the first thing I see...so if this is the best one in your area at the moment..and you need a car bad....get it

Prozon

Kris
Going lower than $1200 is risking getting the guy pissed at you lol.

About the car though, just pay attention to every little detail. Ask questions about it. How often it gets oil changes, spark plugs, all that stuff. Check the mileage, if it's high and you don't think it's maintained well, you should stay away from it. Check the exhaust for smoke, any odd sounds, any rattles, ect.

Last edited:

OBEY POSSE GSR

ask and ye shall recieve
Ya it has potential. But take into account everything these guys said before u buy becuase ull end up paying more for ur car than wat u bought It for. But ya fingers crossed

meginfinity

Well, I won't have the money until Monday.. the 30th. I'm looking at it today around 11:30. I will take more pictures of the car and update you all tonight when I get home :)