Should I tune with only i/h/e?

henryg24

Hey guys. I have an intake, header, and exhaust on my teg and I was wondering if a tune at this point will make a difference and be more beneficial? I plan on more upgrades but not anytime soon so I was wondering whether or not I should get it tuned.

01FTW

Not at all man.. Total waste of money. Now like the other guy said, if you upgrade cams, build the head, etc. then you would definitely need a tune. However, if you just add a performance intake manifold like Blox or Skunk2 to what you already have done then you could have it tuned and it would make a difference.

rockadilla

thats right.
it will not be very beneficial, aka a waste of money, at this point.

SilverSophie

One of my buddies owns a performance shop and told me back when I had my teg that he could dyno and tune it for $500 and i could get about 30+ hp increase. With intake and exhaust. No other mods. It wasn't worth it to me.

Idk if that's actually true or not, but Id trust his input.

Kuchtaboy

Unregistered User
unplug your ecu once you put the stuff in, throw it all in, then re-plug in the ecu. your computer will re-learn its long-term fuel maps based off of the better/easier flowing parts instead of having to take the time to adjust and re-train itself.

easy tuning that way on basic mods

jcrabb13

Registered Abuser
unplug your ecu once you put the stuff in, throw it all in, then re-plug in the ecu. your computer will re-learn its long-term fuel maps based off of the better/easier flowing parts instead of having to take the time to adjust and re-train itself.

THIS is what forums are for. lol

01FTW

One of my buddies owns a performance shop and told me back when I had my teg that he could dyno and tune it for $500 and i could get about 30+ hp increase. With intake and exhaust. No other mods. It wasn't worth it to me.

Idk if that's actually true or not, but Id trust his input.
30+ hp with just bolt-ons?? Your buddy lied to you. No tune with just bolt ons would ever give you that much power.

phatintegra

Banned

You can pull out the 2 fuses under the hood. instead of unplug the ECU.