problem with i think the fuel not getting to the engine or an electrical problem.

nate2302

So I have a 1.8L automatic 2nd generation acura integra that has had some problems lately. My car idle's at a very low RPM to begin with (500 to 700 RPM) but the problem that I run into is that at times when i start my car (wether it is hot or cold) my car would start normally then all of a sudden you can feel the RPM's dieing and the car shuts off and will not start until many attempts later. When this happens i try to step on the gas but it doesn't do anything (as in it doesn't respond to me hitting the gas). I have a feeling that it possibly could be an electrical problem or gas not able to get to the engine or to much gas which floods the engine. any suggestions?

trebolDC2

B18C1Yeah Buddy!!!!!
replace the fuel filter, clean the throttle body and do a fuel service to see if it helps..

nate2302

i was also looking into the fuel pump relay and i've heard that there could be a problem with that. any thoughts??

Kowalskim89

I have this same problem I have been told that the o2 sensor could be a problem too but I havent tried it yet. I have replaced my pump filter and all of my injectors and none of that seems to have helped.

Prozon

Kris
Clean your IACV.. make sure it's plugged in. The low idle might help to pinpoint the issue.