Valve Cover Thread

Dtackett

ok so ive got a question lol

one of the studs holding my vc down broke off when i was stupid and asked my wife to tighten it down how do i replace it? it the very center stud, it snapped off clean right at the edge of the vc

Dtackett

nvm i saw the thread about the other guy doing it too lol how do i remove it? its it basically a double ended stud, unscrew with vicegrips type stuff

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
nvm i saw the thread about the other guy doing it too lol how do i remove it? its it basically a double ended stud, unscrew with vicegrips type stuff
yea you can unscrew it with vise grips. but put a towel under what your workin on to keep metal shavings out of your head. ive had to do this many times. and if your nut caps are bad and wont tighten up just go to advance and get some regular nuts with the washer built in. thats what i did cause i got tired of buying the stock caps. its not as pretty but it holds tight.

mr abero

I remember seeing someone on here who does the VC painting, I know I should do it on my own but I don't wanna blame myself for havin it come out ugly....I wanna get mine done!!! How much you think that would run?

da9_vito

Hazardous Grounds
I remember seeing someone on here who does the VC painting, I know I should do it on my own but I don't wanna blame myself for havin it come out ugly....I wanna get mine done!!! How much you think that would run?
it depends on what you want done to it.