Shoulda had a V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie

Zoom-Zoom
I dont' see how this car will be insane even with a v8. It's not going to be any faster then most other cars and it's going to handle like crap.

So you are basically doing this for an engineering feat which would be great if you had a shop or business you were trying to show off, but to just waste money on is dumb. It would be a money pit and you could do so many better things with that.

dlo253

Yeah id like to hear this plan a little more in depth.
Not saying its impossible, but I have my doubts regarding this build so far.

myfirstacura

The only reason I want to is because i am just not wanting to build up a 4 cyl and i dont want to buy a modern V8 car. I have a B1 motor in my apartment right now and the A1 in it now runs really good just the front drive gets to me sometimes because i like the rear drive cars. Hell I have even tossed the idea of building up the lexus but the idea of a rear drive integra especially mine sounds really kool

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Oh I will have FUN thank you very much
If fun is a car that handles worse than stock, accelerates SLIGHTLY faster and has less interior space than the spacecraft used in the Apollo 11 mission.

94RS

No fucks given.
So you dislike your Integra because it's a 4 cylinder, FWD car.... Just sell the thing so someone can de-rice it, and buy yourself an older SC400 or something they only go for a few grand now...

myfirstacura

oh so you are saying that the car wont perform ? And you know this already...? wow you must be well in the knowledge department of what will work and what wont..

myfirstacura

as for my car being riced as the term is the pic I have of it is when I found it on craigslist in columbus. the car does not have any of the rice crap on it anymore because on the way home it started to fall off...so when I got it home I took it all off...

dlo253

Well, have you calculated the weight difference between the motors/trannys? I mean, I suppose it depends on your actual plans. If it is a drag car, that changes it up quite a bit... lol.

myfirstacura

I have somewhat of a build plan but really wont know until I get all of the engine drive train out and everything else. Yes I know the motor and trans will take a bit of trial and error to get the right balance but thats the fun of a project. I mean the 3rd gen blue integra with the blown big block is probably a drag car and thats probably what he wanted. I dont know that but it looks way kool and sounds mean as hell

R13

The other asshole
I personally would never spend the money necessary to make this work, Sure it seems cool but you're going to lose traction, handling, mpg and reliability, I once was all about v8's too and sure they sound great and the torque is fun but I spent $2500 in repairs on my stupid camaro because it had too high of compression and kept blowing the shitty head gaskets out and countless other problems and now I haven't touched it in years, Yeah you can build one that's not gonna do that but it's still gonna get terrible gas mileage and probably run hot in the summer which is no fun, Trust me I've been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.