Shoulda had a V8

Status
Not open for further replies.

emd513

Do it. People said the same thing about dropping v8 in to s10's then boom baby.lol I've done a couple s10 swaps my self. There a lot simpler than what ur wanting but if its what u want then no matter what anyone says do it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dlo253

Yeah well I haven't seen a build on that blue one, but I'm willing to bet that's just a shell sitting on a totally custom tube chassis........or something.

dlo253

S10 swap ain't shit compared to this lol.

What do you plan on doing for the rear end/ driveline?? Gonna need custom shift linkage too.

emd513

Big deal. Who cares. The guy did it. I would love to drive it down a straight road but wouldn't build it. Different things for different people guys.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

dlo253

Well what I gathered from the OP is that he doesn't wanna have to do a custom tube chassis. So that makes it much harder. Have you looked into a DA bay recently?? Have fun turning one RWD with a v8. I'm sure its possible, but is it plausible?

Gbaby2089

Negative Ned
Yeah you should probably take some time and look how people who know what they're doing do.

Figure out some clearly defined goals for the car, modify the car/or leave it stock to fit them as such.

myfirstacura

I already had it figured out that I would have to make a tunnel for the trans but thats where the plasma cutter comes in handy...lol

dlo253

Okay, well when you make that tunnel... that will get rid of most of the structural parts of the dash inside. Which are not only there to support the dash (from various readings I've came across).
Again, I'm not trying to knock you. I grew up doing custom s*** that everybody says "can't be done". Just wanna make sure you really know what you're getting yourself into before you bust out the plasma cutter lol. Have you even measured the motor to see if it will even fit in the bay with enough room for it to move, doubt you want solid mounts. Lol..

Last edited:

Swerve

Shawn
After reading through this thread, listen to gbaby. You arent even gunna be able to use all the power, not to mention you will need conpletely custom axles, shift linkage, drivetrain, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.