Which head i can use

oscar112709

Banned
I have 91 acura Integra none vtec but I wanna swap heads but keep my block any real answers and info am new to the game...also auto no not stick... So witch my vin reads db16 so guesing it's d series

94RS

No fucks given.
Witch head i can use

I have 91 acura Integra none vtec but I wanna swap heads but keep my block any real answers and info am new to the game...also auto no not stick... So witch my vin reads db16 so guesing it's d series

Without even seeing pics, you have a sedan. That's why your vin reads "DB1." If it was coupe it would be "DA9" and GSR would be "DB2." It's the chassis code, not the engine code.

Unless your car was swapped by a previous owner, you have a B18A1. A D-series would be a single cam.

Due to the fact that you have an automatic, you're stuck with a non-VTEC head. LS/VTEC-automatics have been done before, but it's not cost effective.

Last edited:

94RS

No fucks given.
And just because I can't let the title of the thread go...

oscar112709

Banned
Without even seeing pics, you have a sedan. That's why your vin reads "DB1." If it was coupe it would be "DA9" and GSR would be "DB2." It's the chassis code, not the engine code.

Unless your car was swapped by a previous owner, you have a B18A1. A D-series would be a single cam.

Due to the fact that you have an automatic, you're stuck with a non-VTEC head. LS/VTEC-automatics have been done before, but it's not cost effective.
So if it is d series what head I can get that is simple swap... Gotta be dohc but I want vtec in it n keep my block..

94RS

No fucks given.
So if it is d series what head I can get that is simple swap... Gotta be dohc but I want vtec in it n keep my block..

You... Didn't listen to anything I just said.

94RS

No fucks given.
Witch head i can use

Research LS/VTEC and then tell us if it's "just a head"