ECU wire harness

V1SION

I have a 95 ls and I'm getting a 96 jdm b18c type r. can I use a p28 ecu with a grs obd2 harness cuz I was told the harness from the jdm won't get on the ecu .is that correct I need help

suspendedHatch

Legalize Illegal Aliens
You need to use a Type R ECU. The P28 is for a D16Z6... low rev limiter, fuel and ignition tables are all wrong for a Type R. All Type R ECUs are OBD2 so you'll need to convert to OBD2. Easier to sell your car and buy a 96+

Samurai_Blue

Yolo Whippin'
I have a 95 ls and I'm getting a 96 jdm b18c type r. can I use a p28 ecu with a grs obd2 harness cuz I was told the harness from the jdm won't get on the ecu .is that correct I need help
run a chipped p28 or stock p72

You need to use a Type R ECU. The P28 is for a D16Z6... low rev limiter, fuel and ignition tables are all wrong for a Type R. All Type R ECUs are OBD2 so you'll need to convert to OBD2. Easier to sell your car and buy a 96+
p28 is a single vtec stock but it is also the easies to chip he can run a chipped ecu or a stock gsr he may get a code for the duel butterfly

V1SION

so if I get the p28 chipped I'll be good? oh and would the gsr harness would work on the jdm 96 b18c type r?

96stockls

make sure you get the right one tho there is obd2 obd2a obd2b i think i have anextra obd2b if it helps