Car Battery Problem?

97IntegraGS

Just had my 2 12's installed, amp and everything grounded, everything has secure connections.

I drove about 15 min to Home Depot and when I parked and turned the car off the speakers made a pop and when I tried to start the car again it wouldn't turn over. So I pop the hood and the ring around the positive terminal on my battery popped off, I reconnect it and everything is running fine? I made sure the connections were tight enough but is there any way the power from the amp/subs could have popped it off? I'm bamboozled. :shock:

Also is there any solution to getting rid of that pop noise? I turned off my head unit before I power off the car but I'm not sure if that's really solving the problem..? :roll:

BeatBox

Real Good!
maybe it was loose?

i had a system that made the popping noise too its because of something to do with the power wire i think...theres a fix for it, it delays the on and off of the amp so it DOESNT make the popping noise

im looking but cant find it because i dont know what its called lol

here we go its something like this (good site BTW) and its cheap on price
http://darvex.com/store/pc/Stinger-Amplifier-Pop-Stopper-55p9.htm

Last edited:

WAR 178

Premium User
also check your remote/signal line the blue wire...
what type of battery are you running? how is the condition of it?
The line (power) wasnt put back on correctly and tightened up... the amp wont cause that to happen.

mirrorimg

The pop noise was probably it arcing as it slipped off of the terminal.

97IntegraGS

Yeah I heard about those delay things..

As for the battery, it's in good condition, it drained one time because I replaced the 7.5 back up fuse in the engine in order to make my clock work but the guy who wired my head unit switched the red and yellow wires making my radio stay on constantly and it killed my battery. Do you think that having forks on the ends of the wires will help? I currently have them just tucked under the screws.

WAR 178

Premium User
its fine tucked under the screw....I tend to wrap the wire around the screw, then tighten down.

BeatBox

Real Good!
Yeah I heard about those delay things..

As for the battery, it's in good condition, it drained one time because I replaced the 7.5 back up fuse in the engine in order to make my clock work but the guy who wired my head unit switched the red and yellow wires making my radio stay on constantly and it killed my battery. Do you think that having forks on the ends of the wires will help? I currently have them just tucked under the screws.
Me, i do try to do it right. have terminals on the ends
i bought my off line for cheap and love them...
here's the link for 8g wire and bigger, for something smaller you might find it local. Or any size you need at that, around here they rape you on prices lol
http://impulse-electronics.com/terminals_splices.aspx?sub_key=&id=91&cat_nm=10&key=Eyelet Terminals

its fine tucked under the screw....I tend to wrap the wire around the screw, then tighten down.
ahh i hate when ppl do that : shrugs :

97IntegraGS

Mine is tucked under the screw lol. Well until I get my "pop stopper" I'm gonna just be sure to turn off the music before i turn off the engine.

Turns out that my rings that go onto the battery terminal are just super loose, can't tighten them anymore, I have a clamp on the positive one for now since that's where it always popped off. Going to the junkyard hopefully tomorrow to scrap some off an integra. hopefully grab me a new turn signal too :twisted: